Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice/Tips please!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 5 Replies

On getting DD on a schedule and correcting negative behaviors! And how to bring about positive behaviors. 

PLEASE and THANK YOUfalling_leaves

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:16 AM

what type of schedule?  time out works for mine or reminding her to use her words and helping her verbalize which words to use to express her emotions and distraction.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

From your profile she's three years old. Go for a routine. Do the same things in the same order at approximately the same time. You don't have to be married to the clock, but try to keep things somewhat predictable.

I've found the best way to correct negative behaviors is to avoid them in the first place. Mine had his negative behaviors triggered by routine changes. So if something needed to be changed, I'd give him plenty of warning ahead of time. Positive behaviors got positive reinforcement, like stickers on a behavior chart. 

princess_1983
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

To correct negative behavior try redirection or a reward chart. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I reinforcing behavior you like positively. When she does something you don't like ignore it. For the positive say she says
" thank you "you tickle her tummy over enthusiastically with a big smile and say "oh I love how you said thank you" A really helpful book for learning how to positively reinforce behavior is Dr. Kazden from yale. Called the kazden method

Quoting princess_1983:

MommaBear94
by Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I will definitely look into that

Quoting SamMom912: I reinforcing behavior you like positively. When she does something you don't like ignore it. For the positive say she says " thank you "you tickle her tummy over enthusiastically with a big smile and say "oh I love how you said thank you" A really helpful book for learning how to positively reinforce behavior is Dr. Kazden from yale. Called the kazden method
Quoting princess_1983:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)