Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Turkey Week! What is going on at your house?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

The oldest two don't have school/college all week, but poor Dillon does. His Spec. Ed class is making Thanksgiving dinner Wednesday and each one is helping make/bake so that'll be nice for him. (Ok, I hope so anyway) I spent yesterday decorating for Christmas outside and have all I need for Thanksgiving dinner so no trips to store. I've been putting up trees and decorating in here and it's put in the best mood ever.   =)

Trying to figure out where to put a little table for the kids in the livingroom for Thanksgiving and getting the house ready for company Thursday, and that's in between thr daily cleaning up after 5 people and two dogs...the struggle, lol. It's supposed to snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning...I'm not ready for snow! crying

What have you got going on at your house?cornucopia

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Regular schedule today and tomorrow, then headed to the in-laws on Tuesday evening.  Thanksgiving at DH's aunt's in the afternoon then the SIL's in the evening.  The second one should be interesting.  I'm a horrible person and I'm not fond of SIL's family so I'm kind of hoping it's too much for Ben and we can go home(MIL lives next door).  Then, Saturday we will head up to my parents' place for Thanksgiving with my family.  I'm hoping all goes well.  Ben's sleeping has went to pot the last few weeks plus this is our first holiday that we are gfcf, so that should add to the excitement.  

TheJerseyGirl
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:31 AM

D's sleeping has been TERRIBLE the last month or so. I never thought one of my kids would have eye bags worse than mine, haha!!

Ohhhh you have one of those SIL's too? Luckily, mine is in NY and I won't see her.

Quoting Stephw1110:

Regular schedule today and tomorrow, then headed to the in-laws on Tuesday evening.  Thanksgiving at DH's aunt's in the afternoon then the SIL's in the evening.  The second one should be interesting.  I'm a horrible person and I'm not fond of SIL's family so I'm kind of hoping it's too much for Ben and we can go home(MIL lives next door).  Then, Saturday we will head up to my parents' place for Thanksgiving with my family.  I'm hoping all goes well.  Ben's sleeping has went to pot the last few weeks plus this is our first holiday that we are gfcf, so that should add to the excitement.  

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:42 AM

Ben tested positive (or results were concerning) for a candida infection so they put us on meds in October.  He immediately started waking at night and it lasted most of the time on the meds.  We finished the bottle and the very first night he slept all night.  He slept like 6 mighty straight and then this weekend started waking again.  It takes like a hour and half to get him back to sleep.  I really don't know what could be causing it now...

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

D's sleeping has been TERRIBLE the last month or so. I never thought one of my kids would have eye bags worse than mine, haha!!

Ohhhh you have one of those SIL's too? Luckily, mine is in NY and I won't see her.

Quoting Stephw1110:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Well, Sam woke today saying he just can't go to school this week... This will be week 2 of him not going. I hate it, because I feel like a failure, but I hate him going because I hate them... Lol... 

Today the cleaning lady is coming. I have 2 more things to buy at the store... My sitter Saturday night decided to open a can of grands biscuits to make for herself, even though I had Mac and cheese out for her..now  I don't have enough for everyone to have 1 or extra... So back to the store. 

I was in stop n shop yesterday to get a few things and they were out of grands, so I have to try a different store, I also forgot juice, soda for the kids/teens... 

The weather here is bizarre with this crazy warm wind storm. It sounds like there is a train outside its so loud! Lol.. 

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:19 AM

We already have snow.  :(

usual week with all school and therapies until Thursday.  Going to in laws, so I take food, but don't have to provide the perfectly clean house.  Yay!!!  Yet some how I spent he whole weekend cleaning anyway????  Lol!  Put up tree on ?Friday.  My little guy is super obsessed, and we've barely held him off since Halloween!

mypbandj
by Jen on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Usual week but I need to plan the menu for Thursday! I need to get on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Cheyanne is still sick ... I think her cold has turned into a sinus infection. We have a dr's appointment at 4pm. IF she's ok to go to school tomorrow, I need to go to the post office and to the grocery store to stock up on food for at least a week. I don't want to deal with grocery store craziness. 

Thanksgiving will be at my grandma's. My mom is making everything and she's grumpy about it but I can't really blame her ..... she's been overworked by many family members and they fail to show any appreciation. But it's just made it to where I honestly don't even want to go. I'm almost thinking of going and buying everything for us to have Thanksgiving at home and just hiding from family, lol. It could be pretty nice.

I'm stressed because my husband suddenly doesn't want to take a loan on to get another car now. He wants to wait til we save up enough to buy a used car ouright. Ugh! I'm trying to get Cheyanne private therapies in January .... there's no way we can survive on one vehicle. I want to strangle him. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Can you come do all that at my house?  LOL!

Brady has school today and half day tomorrow.  I work all week except for Thursday.  My husband is off Wednesday - the rest of the week.  I have a lot of cooking to do and not much time to do it...LOL!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Oh Sam!!!  Do you have school work to do with him at home?

Your baby sitter is on crack! LOL!  Eating your biscuits?  That's crazy!  

Quoting SamMom912:

Well, Sam woke today saying he just can't go to school this week... This will be week 2 of him not going. I hate it, because I feel like a failure, but I hate him going because I hate them... Lol... 

Today the cleaning lady is coming. I have 2 more things to buy at the store... My sitter Saturday night decided to open a can of grands biscuits to make for herself, even though I had Mac and cheese out for her..now  I don't have enough for everyone to have 1 or extra... So back to the store. 

I was in stop n shop yesterday to get a few things and they were out of grands, so I have to try a different store, I also forgot juice, soda for the kids/teens... 

The weather here is bizarre with this crazy warm wind storm. It sounds like there is a train outside its so loud! Lol.. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 25, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Hope he feels better soon:)  Hugs!

Quoting Stephw1110:

Ben tested positive (or results were concerning) for a candida infection so they put us on meds in October.  He immediately started waking at night and it lasted most of the time on the meds.  We finished the bottle and the very first night he slept all night.  He slept like 6 mighty straight and then this weekend started waking again.  It takes like a hour and half to get him back to sleep.  I really don't know what could be causing it now...

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting Stephw1110:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)