Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping. ....

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM
  • 13 Replies
Hey everyone. My 4 year old is still in my bed. I have him start in his own bed and then in the middle of the night he crawls into ours and he has to be sleeping next to me touching me. As soon as I get him into his own bed in the middle of the night he keeps on coming into our right after, no matter how long it takes. He just can't sleep unless he is touching me. He sleeps in the same room as his brothers, just different beds. They won't sleep with him. Does anyone have any suggsestions?

Oh and we have a mattrest on our floor, but he won't even stay in that.
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:36 AM
That's a hard one but quite normal I think. (I think many kids want to sleep with their parents). I remember sleeping with my mom when I was 8!

Having a sibling sleep with him would probably solve your problem but if they aren't willing...
Have you tried an incentive chart?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:42 AM
I can try, I don't see that working at this time. He is a very 'in the moment' type of kid.

Quoting mypbandj: That's a hard one but quite normal I think. (I think many kids want to sleep with their parents). I remember sleeping with my mom when I was 8!

Having a sibling sleep with him would probably solve your problem but if they aren't willing...
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry. I wish I had better advice. My 4 yr old is sleeping in my bed as we speak!!! lol

Quoting Precious333: I can try, I don't see that working at this time. He is a very 'in the moment' type of kid.

Quoting mypbandj: That's a hard one but quite normal I think. (I think many kids want to sleep with their parents). I remember sleeping with my mom when I was 8!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Lol, ok, maybe a bigger bed is the answer. My 1 year old is on out bed too.

Quoting mypbandj: Sorry. I wish I had better advice. My 4 yr old is sleeping in my bed as we speak!!! lol

Quoting Precious333: I can try, I don't see that working at this time. He is a very 'in the moment' type of kid.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Give him something of yours.  My son stole a tshirt of mine years ago because then mom sleeps with him.  He's six and has had it for four years.  Sleeps with it over the top of his head, puts it on, carries it around the house.  It is "shirt" and his best friend.  Some nights he will come 'check' on me at night to give me a hug and kiss, but then he and shirt are right back to bed.  Might help??

A_McCool
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Do you think he would like a weighted blanket?  I love mine, and it keeps me from sleeping right on top of my husband.  

Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Just like breastfeeding weaning, the more you push it, the harder it gets.  :)  

He is old enough to ask him "how can we get you to stay in your room?"  Maybe a sticker chart - after 5 nights in his room, he gets something special?  Sleeping with a piece of your clothing for now, might be an option too.  

Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:12 AM

So maybe you are feeling touched out?  Another option might be to sleep with him in his room?  Short term that is. 

I leave my door open, so my boys come in if they need me.  So it isnt an issue here.  

Quoting Precious333: Lol, ok, maybe a bigger bed is the answer. My 1 year old is on out bed too.
Quoting mypbandj: Sorry. I wish I had better advice. My 4 yr old is sleeping in my bed as we speak!!! lol
Quoting mypbandj: That's a hard one but quite normal I think. (I think many kids want to sleep with their parents). I remember sleeping with my mom when I was 8! Having a sibling sleep with him would probably solve your problem but if they aren't willing... Have you tried an incentive chart?

Precious333
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Great idea!

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Give him something of yours.  My son stole a tshirt of mine years ago because then mom sleeps with him.  He's six and has had it for four years.  Sleeps with it over the top of his head, puts it on, carries it around the house.  It is "shirt" and his best friend.  Some nights he will come 'check' on me at night to give me a hug and kiss, but then he and shirt are right back to bed.  Might help??

Precious333
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
That's a great idea!

Quoting A_McCool:

Do you think he would like a weighted blanket?  I love mine, and it keeps me from sleeping right on top of my husband.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)