Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers of boys with delays ! !

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
hi all (;
my son is about to turn 3 in 3 months. He has a sensory processing disorder ( my lil sensory seeker) & a huge speech delay. basically he has like 4 words. he's a pretty normal toddler besides those things he loves kids he uses utensils he can get his own drinks and loves his teeth beeing brushed , good eye contact , loves to cuddle ect.. he's about to start speech and developmental therapy and I'm pretty excited (: so far they have only told us he has a speech delay they have not said anything about autism or being on the spectrum . I'm pretty sure he is but anyways I was just wondering if there are any moms in a similar situation ? I'm a airforce wife and were in arkansas and just wanting to have other moms to talk to that can relate (;
email me at baker.monique97@yahoo.com or this post is good too to talk if you don't want to email me (;
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Is he your first child? How did you figure out he had sensory issues?

What makes you think he has autism?

My youngest is 4. He had a severe speech delay and a language day at 3. We did intensive therapy and I can honestly say his speech is really so much better. I don't feel as confident about his language though.

My 17 yr old was a major sensory seeker and Dx with Aspergers at age 7. The 4 yr old has some signs of being on the spectrum but I haven't had him evaluated. Mostly due to cost. Our insurance isn't great.

Welcome to the group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Welcome!  My husband is also military:)  

barbie_girl870
by Heather on Dec. 5, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

hi how are you what part of arkansas are you in we are in north east my son is 15 and autistic welcome to the group

Quoting mbaker1221: hi all (; my son is about to turn 3 in 3 months. He has a sensory processing disorder ( my lil sensory seeker) & a huge speech delay. basically he has like 4 words. he's a pretty normal toddler besides those things he loves kids he uses utensils he can get his own drinks and loves his teeth beeing brushed , good eye contact , loves to cuddle ect.. he's about to start speech and developmental therapy and I'm pretty excited (: so far they have only told us he has a speech delay they have not said anything about autism or being on the spectrum . I'm pretty sure he is but anyways I was just wondering if there are any moms in a similar situation ? I'm a airforce wife and were in arkansas and just wanting to have other moms to talk to that can relate (; email me at baker.monique97@yahoo.com or this post is good too to talk if you don't want to email me (;

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
mbaker1221
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I'm in cabot ! lonoke county (; what about you ?!
mbaker1221
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Quoting mypbandj: Is he your first child? How did you figure out he had sensory issues?

What makes you think he has autism?

My youngest is 4. He had a severe speech delay and a language day at 3. We did intensive therapy and I can honestly say his speech is really so much better. I don't feel as confident about his language though.

My 17 yr old was a major sensory seeker and Dx with Aspergers at age 7. The 4 yr old has some signs of being on the spectrum but I haven't had him evaluated. Mostly due to cost. Our insurance isn't great.

Welcome to the group.

the lady at the kid source therapy told us he had the sensory thing . I don't think its a hardcore sensory disorder but def lil things when she told us that made sense. he will watch the pages of a book move , he likes to touch and watch the brissles on his tooth brush . he will get so interested in just like a string and move it around and just pay close attention to it move . I think he's on the spectrum but not like full blown autism cause of my research that I did . they haven't told us nothing like that at his therapy center which I expected but I guess I'll just wait that out.
mbaker1221
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Quoting barbie_girl870:

hi how are you what part of arkansas are you in we are in north east my son is 15 and autistic welcome to the group

Quoting mbaker1221: hi all (;
my son is about to turn 3 in 3 months. He has a sensory processing disorder ( my lil sensory seeker) & a huge speech delay. basically he has like 4 words. he's a pretty normal toddler besides those things he loves kids he uses utensils he can get his own drinks and loves his teeth beeing brushed , good eye contact , loves to cuddle ect.. he's about to start speech and developmental therapy and I'm pretty excited (: so far they have only told us he has a speech delay they have not said anything about autism or being on the spectrum . I'm pretty sure he is but anyways I was just wondering if there are any moms in a similar situation ? I'm a airforce wife and were in arkansas and just wanting to have other moms to talk to that can relate (;
email me at baker.monique97@yahoo.com or this post is good too to talk if you don't want to email me (;

cabot ! Lonoke county. like central east I think . you ?
Macphee
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Welcome to the group.
I have a 7 yr old with high functioning autism and a 6 year old with ADHD. Sensory issues combined with social, behavioral, emotional, sometimes speech delays in combos are signs on the spectrum. Go with your instinct, mama knows best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)