Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! He did it!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
5 moms liked this
Warning! I am extremely excited about this!

I went out to the truck this morning to earn it up, because there was ice on everything. I left Nick on the steps and told him to put his shoes on. As I walked out the door, I knew I was going to walk back in to Nick getting upset because he couldn't do it!

Well, to my great surprise! I walked back in, and he said I not done! He had one shoe all the way on and strapped, and the other almost on. He finished it and I was beyond proud. I lifted him up and gave him a huge hug, and kept saying how proud I was. He even got the shoes on the right foot.

I know this is the littlest thing, but we have been working on this for so long. He is 5, and I was still getting him completely ready to walk out the door. I love it. I know he might not be able to do it tomorrow but it's a start!
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Yay!!! You just keep letting them work at it and give them time and they get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
yayy Nick!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Wahoo!!!!! Progress!!!! :) awesome nick!!! Im so proud too!!' Lol
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Wahoo!!!!! Progress!!!! :) awesome nick!!! Im so proud too!!' Lol
lady_katie
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Yay awesome!! That is exciting!

I hear you on being excited, my little guy is super delayed on self care. We were at the dr today (not his regular) and she kept telling him to put his shirt on while I was getting the baby dressed, and he wouldn't even touch it lol. I didn't feel like having the "I can't believe he's autistic!" conversation today, so I just put it on him when I was done hehe.
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Wawhooo! That's great!
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM

woohoo

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Very exciting!  

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:29 AM
I get it! That is exciting! Liam is 4 1/2 and can only put his shoes on by himself cause they are crocs. I worry about next year when he's in kinder. What if they don't allow crocs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Wahoo! Don't call this a "little" thing, it is huge and deserves some celebrating! To Nick for jumping in and giving it a go, and to you for all the untold hours of work and support you have given to get him where he is.  Seems Christmas is coming early to your house this year :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)