Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pretend "swimming"

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got a kick out of this. My son wanted to try his swimsuit for next summer on, so one thing led to another and he wanted to go swimming. I took that oppurtunity to practice some pretend play, by pretend swimming. So there I am, kicking my arms and legs around, and he's just looking at me. Finally I got him to "doggy paddle", okay, that's something. Then I pretended to be a shark, and he very seriously became afraid of me biting him. When I became a fish instead he said "Noooo, you're not a fish, you're a girl!" Lol. Next it was his turn to pretend to be something, so he chooses summer! I asked him if he meant the sun, but no, he wanted to pretend to be summer. Haha, I think this needs a little more work.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great that he was able to pretend play☺
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

How wonderful!

dawncs
by Dawn on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved hearing that story! It sounded like so much fun in pretend play. It made my day and made me smile!

Dawn
Asperger Syndrome Published Author
Asperger Syndrome diagnosed May 1997 as an adult
Inherited genetic Metabolic Syndrome diagnosed August 2014 (maternal side)
My Author Page

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Sounds like he's definitely on his way! Too cute he wanted to try out his swimsuit and so awesome you got him to play in a pretend game!!! He could have gotten upset over not getting to swin for real, instead he was silly with you. So Awesome!

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Love it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM

So how was he "summer"? I think that is just the neatest idea! Following our kids' ideas and going with the flow can really take us to some neat and memorable places/experiences.  Too cool, and thanks for sharing :)

lady_katie
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM
He was getting upset about not being able to swim for real, and I was pleasantly surprised that he settled for this!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Sounds like he's definitely on his way! Too cute he wanted to try out his swimsuit and so awesome you got him to play in a pretend game!!! He could have gotten upset over not getting to swin for real, instead he was silly with you. So Awesome!

lady_katie
by on Dec. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM
He didn't know what to do for "summer", and he wouldn't be a sun which would have been easier lol.

Quoting Ajisai43:

So how was he "summer"? I think that is just the neatest idea! Following our kids' ideas and going with the flow can really take us to some neat and memorable places/experiences.  Too cool, and thanks for sharing :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

How fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)