Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love you son, but shut your mouth.

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
  • 12 Replies
My ods is high functioning Autistic, and adhd. He has zero filter, even when told things directly, he will still blurt things out. He is six, my other boys are ss4, ds3, & ds 2 months.

Well we celebrated christmas on xmas eve for ss, and bil dressed up as santa and brought gifts. Ds3 & ss4 were all into it, ds6 blurts out "that's uncle" I pull him aside, say "stop for your brothers, they don't know", then he does it again , dh pulls him out of the room and tells him again to stop and explains it once more. But he did it again.

I love him, and understand its a part of who he is. But it is frustrating as hell.

Well Merry christmas, and happy everything else everyone.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
magmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Merry Christmas! I understand. My son keeps telling my daughter but she refuses to believe him. It's funny. L0ts of love mama on this Christmas day.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Merry Christmas...hugs mama!

MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Yeh, it happens over and over again. Hugs Mama. Merry Christmas.

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Lol I know its a"normal" asd thing.. but its like quick grab him lol.

Quoting magmommy: Merry Christmas! I understand. My son keeps telling my daughter but she refuses to believe him. It's funny. L0ts of love mama on this Christmas day.
norahsmommy
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother was this way. If you explained to him in painstaking minute detail why it's wrong to ruin the Santa thing for others, he would get it. This was not a 2 minute talk. This was an hour long discussion with research, examples and sometimes pictorial help. Once he got it, he got it.

Hugs to you. You will figure out a way to explain things like this to him. It just takes time and trial and error.
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:35 AM
LOL that is so funny because it's so true!

Quoting norahsmommy: My brother was this way. If you explained to him in painstaking minute detail why it's wrong to ruin the Santa thing for others, he would get it. This was not a 2 minute talk. This was an hour long discussion with research, examples and sometimes pictorial help. Once he got it, he got it.

Hugs to you. You will figure out a way to explain things like this to him. It just takes time and trial and error.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Oh momma. I know that must be hard. I know he was not intentionally trying to ruin it for his brothers. My nephews has to blurt things out. He has to finish a sentence no matter how much it will get him in trouble.Drives my sister crazy

1TallMamaCA
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Exactly how my ods is, I swear he has interuptissyndrome.. I love the little guy.

I am trying so hard to teach him that words can hurt others.

Quoting JTMOM422:

Oh momma. I know that must be hard. I know he was not intentionally trying to ruin it for his brothers. My nephews has to blurt things out. He has to finish a sentence no matter how much it will get him in trouble.Drives my sister crazy

K1tten
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This is exactly what I have to do with Zion. He needs to see everything when trying to explain anything to him. He tells everyone he's speaking to that they need to googley (google) it and show him proof. They say in school that if they use pictures he does well with instructions where they can as he sees it and understands it much better.

Quoting norahsmommy: My brother was this way. If you explained to him in painstaking minute detail why it's wrong to ruin the Santa thing for others, he would get it. This was not a 2 minute talk. This was an hour long discussion with research, examples and sometimes pictorial help. Once he got it, he got it. Hugs to you. You will figure out a way to explain things like this to him. It just takes time and trial and error.

β€œLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
― Vivian Greene
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Yeah I'm so stealing this interuptissyndrome. I think all three of my kids have it lol.

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Exactly how my ods is, I swear he has interuptissyndrome.. I love the little guy. I am trying so hard to teach him that words can hurt others.
Quoting JTMOM422:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)