Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Didn't have a meltdown free Christmas

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

Well we didn't have a meltdown free Christmas. My son and I went over to my mom's apartment for dinner. He was laying on the couch so I asked him if he wanted to go lay in meme's bed. So he went to lay down. He rolled over to go to sleep then all of a sudden he dashes out of bed into the living room. He is crying and everyone is looking at him. My mom had invited some friends of hers over too. He kept asking to go home. Figured this out after minutes of crying. I took him for a walk outside, came back in and he fell asleep on my lap. 10 minutes later he asks to go home again so my sister finally takes us home.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hugs.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM

My daughter had a whopper of a meltdown today. Thankfully, we stayed home for Christmas day and didn't have anyone over. Her meltdown was due to holding it together yesterday and then us attempting to open presents with her this morning. It lasted 45 minutes at least and she took a nap afterwards from being so tired from it. Scratched herself up too :(

Sorry things weren't what you hoped. Glad he was able to tell you he wanted to go home though!

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
:(
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
t1gger143
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:36 AM
We weren't meltdown free either and I'm sure we are in for one more. I'm procrastinating bedtime in hopes of him putting himself to bed. He's laying on the couch doing his nose air blowing tick. Seriously sounds like he's blowing snot rockets. Defiantly my least favorite of his ticks.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Poor thing!  I'm sorry!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:35 AM

I'm so sorry!!  Poor thing!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

My daughter had a whopper of a meltdown today. Thankfully, we stayed home for Christmas day and didn't have anyone over. Her meltdown was due to holding it together yesterday and then us attempting to open presents with her this morning. It lasted 45 minutes at least and she took a nap afterwards from being so tired from it. Scratched herself up too :(

Sorry things weren't what you hoped. Glad he was able to tell you he wanted to go home though!

Ralgj
by April on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:52 AM
I'm sorry!! No fun.

Our Christmas eve went ok. No major meltdowns. He played in a quiet bed room for most of the time. We have another gathering today that I'm more worried about. He hasn't opened any presents but has played with a few.
princess_1983
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Another thing but not Autism related - One of my friends really sucks at being a friend. She asked me how my Christmas was, if i got any good presents, if my sister got me anything and if my soon to be ex spent the day with my family. I said no to everything. She said i am so sorry then told me all the presents she got anther kids made her breakfast in bed. I'm in the early stages of getting a divorce. I don't really want to hear that stuff.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM
(((Hugs)))
TheJerseyGirl
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Oh boy  =(

I know if one more person got in D's face asking about his gifts, what he ate, how are you, blah, blah..I was gonna have the meltdown! Too much commotion for all of us I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)