Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift Exchange!

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I just wanted to send a big "thank you!" to hmmedasst for sending me the most awesome hand made autism awareness wreath!! What a clever way to combine both Christmas and autism! I seriously opened it and just sat there staring at it because it just meant so much to me that someone would take the time to make me something. I have hand made a lot of gifts and things for people throughout the years, so I really understand the time, effort and love that goes into such a gift!! I have one of those puzzle piece autism awareness magnets on my car, so it was a good theme choice for me :) Anyway, thank you again for being so thoughtful, I hung it right on my livingroom wall :) :)
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:30 AM
That's awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samomama
by Sally on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM

Beautiful!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Love this!!!  What a great idea!

She did a wonderful thing, and whoever had her name didn't send her anything:(  I'm so disappointed for her.  

lady_katie
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Oh man, that stinks!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

She did a wonderful thing, and whoever had her name didn't send her anything:(  I'm so disappointed for her.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I know!

Quoting lady_katie: Oh man, that stinks!!
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM

So cute!!  Hopefully her gift is still on the way but stuck in the mail!

mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I know. :(

I really wish that people would speak up and say something if they all of a sudden didn't want to (or could not) participate. Just dropping out without a word doe affect other people. It's not fair. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Love it! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 27, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I think there was a lag with the postal service and she might get her gift soon:)

Quoting mypbandj:

I know. :(

I really wish that people would speak up and say something if they all of a sudden didn't want to (or could not) participate. Just dropping out without a word doe affect other people. It's not fair. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

hmmedasst
by Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You are so Welcome.  I am in tears right now from your lovely words.  Autism is a daily reminder in all our lives.  I have embraced awareness to all I meet.  I have a tatoo on my forearm to use as a conversation start to many.  Before I had to quit my job to take care of my sons behavior I worked in a hotel and it was a real conversation starter to lots of my guests.  I made myself a wreath also, and have hung it on the back of my front door.  My plan is to just leave it up year round since Autism is a 365 day ordeal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)