• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's only been a week, but....

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Amy
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking winter break was too long!  lol

Is anyone else ready to get back to the routine, normal life?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
This break has been easier for us..DS adapted well and I'm getting to work on time.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM
I agree, it's too long!

Nick has been doing ok since my nephew has been at his dad's for the last 4 days. But he is supposed to be home today and it's going to be hard for the next week. Today has been a lot of small meltdowns. It's just going to take him to be aggravated once for a big one that's going to be hard to get him out of.
Macphee
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I do appreciate the time my boys spend apart . We had a full house with grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins. Ds has been expressive and social. He is having issues with his sharing, but is excited every day.
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM

We're doing ok so far.  Usually my son melts to out of routine, but he has been really good.  We start back with ABA and some therapies tomorrow, just not school, so I think we'll make it.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM

My daughter has been losing it since day one, so yes, definitely ready for things to go back to normal. She's getting insanely stir crazy in this house, even though going to other people's houses is worse! I can't win. 

Ralgj
by April on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM
I enjoy the time off but my son is better behaved over all when he is in school and on a routine. He has been sick all break. He has pneumonia. I am hesitant for school to start back up worrying what he will pick up. He chews on his hands, his shirt, and objects. He is 4. Anyone have Any advice on that? We try to keep his hands clean, remind him not to chew on stuff, and I took wipes for his hands to school.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this
It is funny that I was just thinking about my son chewing. It has gotten bad over the break. We use a chewy tube. It's mainly for home and the car. But he will chew on it. I just constantly say, "no chewing on your fingers, clothes etc." then I hand him the chewy tube and say that this is ok. It usually works. It just means they need some sort of input that they are not getting.

I hope he feels better soon that's hard when they are sick like that.

Quoting Ralgj: I enjoy the time off but my son is better behaved over all when he is in school and on a routine. He has been sick all break. He has pneumonia. I am hesitant for school to start back up worrying what he will pick up. He chews on his hands, his shirt, and objects. He is 4. Anyone have Any advice on that? We try to keep his hands clean, remind him not to chew on stuff, and I took wipes for his hands to school.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Meh, Sams only been going to 1.5 hours of school (m before holiday break) and hasn't been in school full time since 11/13... Im not looking forward to the daily fight again, until we secure our new placement (feb or march?) so Ill take the break... Lol...

He seems really happy... My dad was here w/ his dogs for 4 days... Sams put together 8 lego sets, is playing Lord of the Rings Wii, read Oliver Twist & the Prince & the Pauper... Just started reading Arabian Knights... Its ALL good here! I hate to F it up with school! Lol
Ralgj
by April on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I have been thinking about ordering some chewy tubes. I wonder what input he needs? Thanks, I hope he feels better soon too.

Quoting Nickmom1118: It is funny that I was just thinking about my son chewing. It has gotten bad over the break. We use a chewy tube. It's mainly for home and the car. But he will chew on it. I just constantly say, "no chewing on your fingers, clothes etc." then I hand him the chewy tube and say that this is ok. It usually works. It just means they need some sort of input that they are not getting.

I hope he feels better soon that's hard when they are sick like that.

Quoting Ralgj: I enjoy the time off but my son is better behaved over all when he is in school and on a routine. He has been sick all break. He has pneumonia. I am hesitant for school to start back up worrying what he will pick up. He chews on his hands, his shirt, and objects. He is 4. Anyone have Any advice on that? We try to keep his hands clean, remind him not to chew on stuff, and I took wipes for his hands to school.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM
The winter break here is 3 weeks long. I am thankful my dd gets ESY and will start a week of school tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)