Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year's Eve and New Year's Day plans?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anyone have any plans made to ring in the New Year? We are going to my parents the 30-1st and are just going to hang around their house New Years Eve and New Year's Day and probably eat a lot of food and play games, watch movies..etc.. I haven't gone out for New Years in years!  

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Ringing in the New Year just us .... and I'm sure my daughter will be up with us as her sleep schedule is completely destroyed lol. Going to make hot wings, some dips for chips and a pitcher of margaritas :)

New year's day we are supposed to go to my in laws house for dinner. But weather is now forecasting possible icy rain that afternoon. So we may stay home and go there on Saturday instead. If so, it'll just be another day for my family to go stir crazy as there won't really be anywhere to go and we won't want to if the ice does hit. All I do know is I'm fixing pork that day. I read pork is a New Year's food that symbolizes progress ....... and this family needs some progress made this year!!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like some yummy food! I hope the ice holds off. I haven't even checked our weather yet. My parents live 2 hours from us so hopefully it is nice enough for us to travel there and back.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Ringing in the New Year just us .... and I'm sure my daughter will be up with us as her sleep schedule is completely destroyed lol. Going to make hot wings, some dips for chips and a pitcher of margaritas :)

New year's day we are supposed to go to my in laws house for dinner. But weather is now forecasting possible icy rain that afternoon. So we may stay home and go there on Saturday instead. If so, it'll just be another day for my family to go stir crazy as there won't really be anywhere to go and we won't want to if the ice does hit. All I do know is I'm fixing pork that day. I read pork is a New Year's food that symbolizes progress ....... and this family needs some progress made this year!!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My DH sells New Years stuff at the fireworks downtown. So, I am at home with the kids and not doing much. So, just another typical day.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Dec. 29, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Sounds fun!  We aren't doing anything New Year's Eve but we plan to have some friends over for New Year's Day for food and football!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Every year we go to our friends house. We do pot luck & play games. Family fun nothing crazy.
johnns
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Planning a fancy dinner- just so I can decorate the table! Lol. Kids voted to go 'casual' during Christmas dinner and dress up for New Year's! Sally(asd) loves getting dressed up and help with the cooking and table scape. She's her mommas girl for sure!
LIMom1105
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Not sure. My husband is off, we might go see Night at the Museum. And dinner someplace fancy like IHOP, Lol!
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Getting together with SIL/BIL and their kids.  Eat, play games.  Not sure if there or here yet.

only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am doing a night in with Izzy. We are doing chinese food, games movies.. daddy is working so it's just us :)

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:52 PM

No going out here or even having people over. Going to see my dad in the hospital

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)