• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Travel to school?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

How long do your kids travel to their school? 

Do they take a big bus? Mini wagon? Do you drive them? 

Im also curious if it is a special school that you/your child loves? 

Or just your wonderful local school? 

Thanks! 

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:15 PM

Even though it's not her home school campus, as they don't have a special preschool classroom, it only takes us 10 minutes to get to her school. We live in a suburban area packed with schools. And I drive her every day. If she ever goes to her home campus, we'll be able to walk to school.

only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:33 PM

it takes about 8 minutes to get to the school. she is last to be picked up in the am, so she is on the bus for 8 minutes in the am.. in the pm, she is last drop off, so she is on the bus for about 25 minutes. She takes the little bus. She goes to our local public school.. neither of us exactly "love" the school.

lady_katie
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 5:36 PM
Special school, 17 minutes away, hubby drops off, I pick up. Loved it last year, not so much this year, but they do have an outstanding reputation.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Nick is on the bus about 1 hr to school, and 1 hr 15 min, home. If I drive him, it's about 40-45 minutes. We live in a very rural area. So, we don't have any co-taught preK around here. I do love the program. And do think this is what he needed this yr to help him transition to Kindergarden.

Next yr will be about 25 min. Bus ride. (Which I might end up taking him if he still has all these issues with the bus) it will only take me about 10 minutes.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Oh, and he rides a special Ed school bus. Same as the other kids but this one has an aide on the bus to keep the kids safe.
DviousMaskerade
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:09 PM

My DD just walks across the street to school. Gavin has to take a bus. He goes to the Early Education Center preschool about 10 miles from here. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM
  • Ashton goes to school in a different district..the school is about  25 minutes if I take him but he rides a van (I have to get Madleyn on her bus as well so taking him is usually not an option ). He has rode the same van for 4 years and rides with the same 3 kids (all from our school district but goes to other school because of autism support class),, they are like family..same van driver too.. Anyway, he is on the van about 45 minutes..he likes the van ride though..he gets picked up at 7:55 and home 4:15 
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM

How bout a not so wonderful public school?  Or actually a really GREAT public school with a not so great sped dept.  Sign me up for that one.

block and a half, I drive them.  No, I'm not lazy but walking with two runners and a scatter brained distracted daughter, all with safety issues is not my idea of fun.

and yes, they signed them up for bussing, a half hour trip.  Really?  I'm less than two blocks away?  No thanks.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Dillon goes to school ont he regular bus but I pick him up at the end of the day. Our school is literally 6 minutes form my house.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:19 PM

He goes to a public shcool btw...I think the closest special school is like 45 minutes from here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)