Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any one who can help?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:10 PM
  • 15 Replies
So my son been on a very low dose of meds for a week and he can some how keep a little pill from going down. He will manage to get it under his tounge and just play with it. My big worry if he just discards it later would be his sister finding it she is 11 months old. I need to known how I can get him to swallow it, with out playing with it. Pill is tennex I think I spelled it wrong tho. Please help!
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure about that one specifically, but you could ask if it comes in liquid form or if it is ok to stick in a bite of applesauce (hide it).  We do that with some.

gdiamante
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
shaiorta
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:40 PM

We crush it and put it in a little cup of orange juice. We call it her super hero power up! LOL She loves it!

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2015 at 1:52 AM

you cant crush it and mix it with a drink or like pudding/yogurt?

Rust.n.Gears
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 2:01 AM
It gets crushed and put in a spoon of pudding. My mum did that with me. Then milk to wash it down and swish a lot.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2015 at 4:47 AM

These ladies have some good ideas:)  

only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 1:43 PM

what does he like to eat? I used to put meds in a small spoon of yogurt/pudding or a small "shot" of my dd's favorite drink.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM

My sons first swallow pill was Tenex as well and he used to chew it..and he never minded the taste of it and it was so small..but eventually he learned to swallow it and now he takes Intuniv (step up from Tenex) and he that pill is huge and he swallows it fine..he is 10 now and was 7 when he started Tenex. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:56 PM
I'm thinking crushing it might be worth doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samomama
by Sally on Jan. 21, 2015 at 11:08 PM

break it and put it in his fav. drink, or food (in a tea spoon of peanut butter for example?).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)