Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biomedical treatments

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello,

I live in Tenessee and have been seeing the conventional physicians.  I was interested in looking into physicians who offer biomedical or alternative therapies.  Do any of you who may live in the south have any suggestions.  Some people call them DAN Doctors.  Any help would be greatly apprediated.  I have found the list of practitioners, but it is lengthy.  Wondering if any of you have actually gone to any and would recommend one??

Thanks

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Macphee
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:25 PM
I would get a referral to an endocrinologist. He or she will order blood work to check out everything metabolic and diet related. A script for a GI who may test digestive issues if the endocrinologist doesn't help him improve. I've heard of some seeing an allergist to test food allergies, but we didn't. Good luck
Ralgj
by April on Jan. 31, 2015 at 4:36 PM
I don't know about your area. I live in Ohio. We went to a biomedical doctor. He had an extensive appointment. Lab work, stool test, and abdominal x-Ray. It was suggested my son start on several supplements. 10-12 different ones some two and three times a day. A gfcf diet was recommend. We started some of the things and became too difficult. Plus we felt uncomfortable with some of the items. We may try a differnt doctor in the future. I'm just not sure yet. Be careful who you go to. Make sure they are reputable. Good luck!!
Deidramess
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Thanks for the responses.  We went to a G.I and we see a dietician on Monday.  So hopefully we will know about possible allergies then! Yes, there is much on the internet about controversial treatment.  We do not feel comfortable with some I have read about.  We will start with lab work and diet and go from there!

thanks

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Do you mind if I private message you?
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:35 PM

There are moms in the group  that do this so I hope you get some answers :)

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Sorry, I only know of an Iowa one.  We did not choose to go that route though.

Deidramess
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Thanks everyone! We are willing to travel.  We are in Tennessee so anywhere around would be ok.

Thanks

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No experience but good luck!
Teooper1
by on Feb. 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Don't know if you can travel but we see Dr Kendal Stewart in Austin Texas . He was a brain surgeon at Baylor and MD Anderson in Houston. He is in private practice now treating our children as well as other brain injuries. My son was having up to 13 seizures a day , non verbal , teeth grinding,head banging when we began. He now is seizure free and is becoming more verbal everyday and all of the other behaviours are gone. I owe my sons life to this man.
brennan5882300
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2015 at 4:14 PM

We are also patients of Dr. Stewart, and we travel from a Chicago suburb.  :)

Quoting Teooper1: Don't know if you can travel but we see Dr Kendal Stewart in Austin Texas . He was a brain surgeon at Baylor and MD Anderson in Houston. He is in private practice now treating our children as well as other brain injuries. My son was having up to 13 seizures a day , non verbal , teeth grinding,head banging when we began. He now is seizure free and is becoming more verbal everyday and all of the other behaviours are gone. I owe my sons life to this man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)