Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like I'm spinning

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM
  • 11 Replies
My husband has been of the last two days and I am terrified of him going back to work tomorrow. I don't know why, I've still been the primary care giver, but I guess it's nice to just have a back up.

Anna is losing total control after school. She takes focalin for focus at school, just started last week. the afternoons are not just a kick back from the meds wearing off but it is how she used to be without medicine at all. She cannot keep her body still. She's disrespectful to me and to her teachers at chHrch tonNght. I don't think she means to be but is just unable to listen and not pull away fighting.

And she could not take her hands or her boots off her brothers. The van was the worst cuz they were all trapped!

Micah has been taking his puppy to school and they have made it a kennel for him to keep it in sometimes. but sometimes he takes it out even When the teachers would like it to be up. But I don't think it's as much of what a distraction anymore.

He made a 92 on a science test! How did he manage with so many empty blanks and open ended questions? The teacher read it to him, and scripted his answers! Now this is the science teacher, she's always been moRE open. We just hsve to get the LA teacher on track.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:05 AM
Hugs and hope things go well:)
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 5, 2015 at 3:15 PM

Great job Micah!

Have you talked to Anna's doctor about the way she's been in the afternoons?

dawncs
by Dawn on Feb. 5, 2015 at 3:29 PM

You have to realize there is a wear off period with any medicine if it is once a day. It has a given time period. The wear off can be a lot of fun. You might want to check out the side effects at www.webmd.com before doing anything regarding it.

Dawn
Asperger Syndrome Published Author
Asperger Syndrome diagnosed May 1997 as an adult
Inherited genetic Metabolic Syndrome diagnosed August 2014 (maternal side)
My Author Page

only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel... I am sad to see my DH go to work when Izzy is home all day with me.. It is nice knowing there is someone there that can give you a hand if you need it...

In the afternoons when she gets home could you add a senory or fun activity when your dd gets home? I know Izzy struggles with this transition and I try to find something to help it along.. is she on focalin XR?

Thats great for Micah! I am so glad his science teacher is so open and willing to do what it takes to make him successful... maybe you can get the science teacher to write a letter of recomendation showing HOW this way of working with Micah has helped him be successful?

:)

Macphee
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Totally different in my house. Aspie husband, ASD son, and ADHD son have meltdowns at the same time. A lot of stimulation. I make them play the wii, go fishing, play sports or leave them to tablets to get a same moment
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2015 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It is so nice having back up... But you've done it before... It will be fine. You're a great mom... 

WTG M on that science test!!! :) wahoo!!! 

mypbandj
by Jen on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM
A real puppy to school??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Quoting mypbandj: A real puppy to school??

Oh no.lol. he has a stuffed puppy. The teachers decided to me a "kennel" for him, I'm sure in an effort to wean him off of the dolls use. It's not a bad idea but I dint think he should have gotten a behavior mark because he wanted to keep it.
magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Quoting only_1_4_me:

I know how you feel... I am sad to see my DH go to work when Izzy is home all day with me.. It is nice knowing there is someone there that can give you a hand if you need it...

In the afternoons when she gets home could you add a senory or fun activity when your dd gets home? I know Izzy struggles with this transition and I try to find something to help it along.. is she on focalin XR?

Thats great for Micah! I am so glad his science teacher is so open and willing to do what it takes to make him successful... maybe you can get the science teacher to write a letter of recomendation showing HOW this way of working with Micah has helped him be successful?

:)

Yes it is focalin xr. What do you do for izzy? I am supposed to be doing this calming/ mindfulness meditation, like 5 min long, but I haven't because I think she needs a strong sensory thing because she is over excited
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2015 at 7:39 AM

Hugs Mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)