Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

theres still ice

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok, for my northern friends, winter weather shuts the south down. Now, dont make fun. We are not equipped for snow and ice. We prepare more for tornadoes. So the storm system that moved through last weekend encased the city in ice. A bit more was added midweek. Temps have barely been above freezing so the thick ice hasnt been able to melt well. some days havent gotten into the teens. Trees in my neighborhood have broken under the weight, and power lines have buckled and left mamy people without power. So the kids were home all week last week. roads i dared not drive on. its better. I expected them to go back tomorrow. But ahhh one more day! Its gonna be spring break just about as soon as they get back. Lol.
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:21 PM

I know what you mean, I'm in Texas and the ice storm just came through yesterday. No school today and it's already been cancelled for tomorrow. My child is losing it as we're never stuck inside for this long. Yesterday was terrible because we couldn't even step foot outside with it pouring down freezing rain. Today we went for a walk in our iced over neighborhood and my daughter just wanted to keep going! She didn't care how cold it was but finally, reluctantly walked home with me and that walk has at least made her mildly tolerate being inside the rest of the time.

And we're braving the storm alone, lol, as my husband has been out of town on a business trip since last Wed and doesn't get home til Thursday. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:26 PM

Hugs! I live in PA so yeah I am used to ice but I won't dare make fun.. I hate ice and winter and am over it all.. W a have another 2 hour delay tomorrow for low temps..supposed to be negative 9 early morning... Stay warm my friends! 

LIMom1105
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Ice sucks, live in NY and we have had a bit this winter, so no I won't make fun. A bit of snow is manageable, but ice makes everything a mess. Put sand down, but if it's freezing, It's hard to remove.

magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Quoting LIMom1105: Ice sucks, live in NY and we have had a bit this winter, so no I won't make fun. A bit of snow is manageable, but ice makes everything a mess. Put sand down, but if it's freezing, It's hard to remove.

we use a ton of salt :)
magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Charizma77:

Hugs! I live in PA so yeah I am used to ice but I won't dare make fun.. I hate ice and winter and am over it all.. W a have another 2 hour delay tomorrow for low temps..supposed to be negative 9 early morning... Stay warm my friends! 

brrr! I'm thinkin of cozying up by a fireplace, reading Dr Seuss to the kids. We can not go outside to play, it's way to cold to play today :)
magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 10:39 PM
Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I know what you mean, I'm in Texas and the ice storm just came through yesterday. No school today and it's already been cancelled for tomorrow. My child is losing it as we're never stuck inside for this long. Yesterday was terrible because we couldn't even step foot outside with it pouring down freezing rain. Today we went for a walk in our iced over neighborhood and my daughter just wanted to keep going! She didn't care how cold it was but finally, reluctantly walked home with me and that walk has at least made her mildly tolerate being inside the rest of the time.

And we're braving the storm alone, lol, as my husband has been out of town on a business trip since last Wed and doesn't get home til Thursday. 

oh, the freezing rain! That was icicles fall in from the sky! Yea were all going a bit stir crazy. I braved it sat and took them to McDonald's just for the relief of the playground. I hate McDonald's. Do you have family nearbY while he's out of town?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 24, 2015 at 5:15 AM

Stay safe!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Feb. 24, 2015 at 7:48 AM

when I woke up this morning it was -17 -!: I don't have a fireplace :(  I'm babysitting my friends 2.5 year old all day and my older kids don't have school today..good news is that it is supposed to get to 24 out a little later today ;) 

Quoting magmommy:
Quoting Charizma77:

brrr! I'm thinkin of cozying up by a fireplace, reading Dr Seuss to the kids. We can not go outside to play, it's way to cold to play today :)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2015 at 8:05 AM

Maggie, my yellow lab pup needed to pee at 3 this morning.. Yeah, I checked -9 out... Brrrrr... It was really dumb to look BEFORE taking her out,,, I'm dreading walking her at 9:30 ... I think it's warmed up to 6.... Brrrrrrr

not making fun at all bad weather sucks! But then when it's warm there, and still cold here, I don't wan to hear it! Lol.. My dad (NC) calls typically and says "it's warm enough for golf HERE!" Played an hour of tennis OUTSIDE." Lol!!! So he brings on the "teasing". 

I hope it warms and thaws for you!  

magmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2015 at 12:26 AM
Quoting SamMom912:

Maggie, my yellow lab pup needed to pee at 3 this morning.. Yeah, I checked -9 out... Brrrrr... It was really dumb to look BEFORE taking her out,,, I'm dreading walking her at 9:30 ... I think it's warmed up to 6.... Brrrrrrr

not making fun at all bad weather sucks! But then when it's warm there, and still cold here, I don't wan to hear it! Lol.. My dad (NC) calls typically and says "it's warm enough for golf HERE!" Played an hour of tennis OUTSIDE." Lol!!! So he brings on the "teasing". 

I hope it warms and thaws for you!  

lol! It's snowing again tonight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)