Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The downside! I thought it was kinda funny.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
The downside for Nicolas getting good with his fine motor skills. Last weekend, I walked in the livingroom and there is a crayon scribble all over my coffee table. I asked Nick and he said he did it and said, I Sry! I cleaned it up. Then I go in the bathroom today and there is another scribble spot on the wall! I asked him if he did it, and he said yes. I Sry! I talked to him again how we don't do this.

But it's hard for me to get too mad. This is a skill that we have been working on for 3 yrs! He finally wants to color. (Usually not for long) but he does have interest in it. I've always allowed him to have access to crayons hoping he would want to use them. There are coloring books and paper too. I guess I have to put up the crayons.

Thanks for letting me share. If I shared this with anyone else, they would be horrified that my 5 1/2 yr old is scribbling on things, and I'm not extremely mad about it.

Go ahead and share any stories you have...
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Cute!!!! :) 

so, ya'll know Sam loves words and language.. Well, we have this huge dictionary.. And Sam heard a few words on the internet or in a Dilbert Management cartoon book in one of our bookcases that Hubby got years ago as a prank gift.. Anyway... Sam heard Sh$t and F*#k and read cokehead and dick... So, what's an 8 year old to do when you don't know what a word means... Look it up... 

So, if you're interested, Sam taught ME that sh$t is an acronym, stands for Ship High In Transit as they USED to transport the manure for farming needs.. And if it was shipped LOW the manure would get wet and ruined... 

F##k is also an acronym, used by police officers when arresting prostitutes which stood For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge... 

Yes, I. Also have definitions for cokehead and dick.. But those are pretty standard... I did have to handle what is Coke if it's not a soda soft drink... And what's a prostitute... UGH... Funny thing there was a prostitute (he looked up) a woman who sells her body for money--- But LITTERALLY, how would she live IF she had no body? So I. Had to explain a BIT more... (But 8 year old version). Sigh!!! 

magmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:51 PM
0h the beauty of 0ur kiddos! I love it! this reminds me of the movie "moms night out" that I rented from red box last week. The kids make sure huge mural on the wall and while cleaning it up the mom realised howWcute one of the drawings was SI she hung a frame around it, and it looked like a normal picture. :) I'm so proud for Nick coloring! the hard part is for us to teach them how to be creative in an acceptable manner. Lol.
Ralgj
by April on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:57 PM
That is great that he is coloring!! I put all our craft items up because my 4 year old doesn't get acceptable usage all the time either.
He loves stickers. We have had stickers all over. Most I have gotten up. It's hard work though. Stickers are put up too now. At one point my oldest was upset that his brother put stickers everywhere. He said it was embarrassing. But my 4 year old was proud of his work. I felt a little bad cleaning them up. Lol.
Happy0064
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Get some chalkboard paint!!! Do an area just for Nicholas!!  My kiddos love it.  I get colored chalk and we write on it, play games, just draw!!!

only_1_4_me
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Awww :) that's great he's showing some interest! Izzy has never been a fan of coloring.. (painting is another story lol.) she has a hard time holding to pencil properly to make much legible (such as writing etc.) well she has colored all over bedroom walls with random practice writing, feelings (drawn happy and sad faces) on her wall... why get mad when they are showing progress :D

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My daughter learned how to use a zipper, so she can zip up her own jacket, and unzip and take it off. It's totally awesome!!!! Then 3 days ago I check on her in the playroom and she's pulling stuffing out of the couch!!! The cushion has a zipper, LOL. 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

All I have to say is I freaking love your child. 

How could she live if she no longer had a body, LOL. That sounds exactly like something I would have said as a child.

Quoting SamMom912:

so, ya'll know Sam loves words and language.. Well, we have this huge dictionary.. And Sam heard a few words on the internet or in a Dilbert Management cartoon book in one of our bookcases that Hubby got years ago as a prank gift.. Anyway... Sam heard Sh$t and F*#k and read cokehead and dick... So, what's an 8 year old to do when you don't know what a word means... Look it up... 

So, if you're interested, Sam taught ME that sh$t is an acronym, stands for Ship High In Transit as they USED to transport the manure for farming needs.. And if it was shipped LOW the manure would get wet and ruined... 

F##k is also an acronym, used by police officers when arresting prostitutes which stood For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge... 

Yes, I. Also have definitions for cokehead and dick.. But those are pretty standard... I did have to handle what is Coke if it's not a soda soft drink... And what's a prostitute... UGH... Funny thing there was a prostitute (he looked up) a woman who sells her body for money--- But LITTERALLY, how would she live IF she had no body? So I. Had to explain a BIT more... (But 8 year old version). Sigh!!! 

perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 7:24 PM
My six year old was drawing on the walls a couple of months ago. He drew on every one of his bedroom walls. He helped me wash the wall, but as I was cleaning them I started noticing how good his drawing is getting and was actually proud! I almost took a picture of them. LOL He seems to have learned his lesson about coloring only on paper, but now he cuts everything with a line on it. I have to watch what is laying around.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:16 PM
I LOVE the way sam thinks!

That is hilarious.

Quoting SamMom912:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally know what you mean..we went through the same thing with Ashton when he was younger..at least it washes off :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)