Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fire and sheriff

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
So this past week we have been visited by the fire department and the sheriff's office. Nice!

Tuesday I cooked chicken fajitas and let the veggies cook too long while cutting the chicken. I went to wiggle the pan around to keep it from burning and splashed too hard. It set the fallen grease of fire. I was calm. Amazingly. Anna squealed "ahh,a fire!" And started dancing around half panicked and half amused. The alarm company apparently doesn't have my phone # but after not reaching my husband at work they called my dad, a retired officer. Firemen showed up probably 15 min after the fire had sizzled out on its own. There was a lot of smoke! The boys barely looked up from their movie. Ha.

We have simple locks on micah and annas door to prevent roaming. I hate it. Alarms didn't work, consequences didn't work. Sat night Micah called me around 223 am to go to the bathroom. Since he had to poop so I laid back down. Didn't realize I had fallen back asleep until someone started hanging on the door loud. Scared the crap out of me. Through the door I asked who is it? County sheriff dept. Oh crap. He had used my phone to call 911 (since I have a lock so he can't do any thing else) officers had to check every kid and talked to Micah awhile. When they saw Anna I had to slide her lock open and I felt very nervous we were doing something wrong. But the therapist told us to for right now.

That was fun.

Then yesterday he got mad when he fell backwards on a toy and spent a lot of the evening prancing and growling in the kitchen like a caged lion.

Today was the end of spring break. Finally.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Hugs and enjoy back to school.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Yikes!  Hope this week is better!!  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)