Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New stim.

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
It has been a long winter. And I'm hoping this stim is something that he hasn't been able to get because of the limited physical activity. Nick is walking around the house stomping. He will get up and stomp for atleast 15 minutes at a time. We live in an old farm house so the whole house shakes.

It is getting warmer, so maybe with him being able to get outside will help. Is there anything else I can do to help him. I dont care if he does the stomping, but if he needs something, then I would like to try to help.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Do you think he is stimming to relieve stress? Or do you think he is looking for proprioceptive input to help to organize his thoughts and body? 

Im not sure they are the same thing... LOL... Not that it matters, BUT one will def. go away as long as he is getting the sensory input he needs... 

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM

I'd think sensory seeking or stress/processing.  Anything new or stressful lately?

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:34 PM
I'm really not sure. I do know that it's gotten worse last week. And that's when it was really stressful at school because of his eating regression. But he probably could use more proprioceptive input too. I'll have to observe a little closer. Thx.

Quoting SamMom912:

Do you think he is stimming to relieve stress? Or do you think he is looking for proprioceptive input to help to organize his thoughts and body? 

Im not sure they are the same thing... LOL... Not that it matters, BUT one will def. go away as long as he is getting the sensory input he needs... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)