Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I need to learn how to say "no"

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM
  • 6 Replies
I overbooked myself and our family this month.. Too many friend birthday parties (4 this month, 2 Madelyn's friends, 1 Ashtons friend and 1 Jackson's friend but all I had to take them to and stay for 2 of them) ,a baby shower that took up a lot of my time, church events and meetings.. Hubby had a vasectomy and I was too busy to even do anything around the house and now it is a disaster.. I am watching my friends 2.5 son tomorrow all day ( he is good buddy with my youngest) and I am just feeling crabby and it's not fair to my hubby and kids..I really need to learn how to prioritize and how to say "no".. It hit me hard last night when both Ashton and Madelyn had school projects due this morning and I was finishing them last night.. Anyway, just another exhausted mom that needs to say no sometimes. Anyone else have a hard time saying no? Anyone else feeling exhausted and weary? Thanks for listening friends, I hate complaining to my family and real life friends.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:29 PM

Big hugs!  Yes, I can understand this.  Between all the therapies/ doctoring for the younger three and sports/music practices for the oldest, school and church, I am always overbooked.  It is exhausting and stressful pretty much every day.  Hugs!

Bobcatridge
by Carol on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:58 PM

I have a friend that told me I needed to learn to say no as a complete sentence because I overbook myself.  She told me to practice.  No. No. No.  Well, I have practiced but somehow I am still overbooked.  Hugs.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:43 AM
One trick I learned is never say yes automatically to anything. I say, that sounds great, let me get back to you-

Also I think about what it will be like the actual day of the event I have promised to attend. Will I be happy to go or regretting it.

No gets easier the more you practice!! Good luck. xo
Macphee
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:46 AM
Oh yes. It just takes practice. No doesn't mean refusing to help, it's accepting that you refuse to stretch yourself thin.

That's tough, hopefully next month will be slower. We have those type of weeks, but it's usually doctor appointments, dh training, deadlines, dog training and iep meetings.
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2015 at 7:52 AM

We can take a vent and give back hugs. You have taken the first step in prioritizing. Have the kids help.It will teach them valuable planning and problem solving skills.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 17, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Hugs mama...been there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)