Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever just wish...

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

You could stop time for just a little while so you can relax and enjoy your kids?  I know all parents feel this way from time to time but for SN parents, I feel, that time is needed even more.  Everyone is busy, I get that, but when you pile therapies and doctors appointments on top, it leaves less and less time to actually be with our kids.  Today is April 10th and I'm still trying to figure out what happened to February and March.... I just had to vent a little...

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 6:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

YES!!!! I DO!!!! 

I really would LOVE to run away with Sam and hubby to an island where it is warm and sunny with a small house and pool and just play and swim everyday... For a year!!! LOL... I sooo badly want to give Sam a year of maturity... And to really enjoy JUST being him... And not psychologists and speech and OT and PT... And the pressure that comes with having to "fit in" (in a way..hmmmm, maybe that ones more for me?) and "fix" all the things that need improvement...

yes....yes... Yes!!!  I just want to BE and laugh and enjoy!!!! And not worry... I want so badly to not worry about his future, 

by April on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love that. I feel like time just flies by. My oldest is almost 5 years older than my youngest. My youngest is on the spectrum and I feel like I've missed out on so much with my oldest because my youngest requires so much time and attention. I'm so glad I had almost 5 years with my oldest. I didn't work much so it was me and him all the time. I miss it. It's harder to just sit back and enjoy life with my youngest because he is so much more difficult. He certainly isn't bad but often I just don't know what to expect.
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 7:39 AM

I feel this way all the time!!  That it is hard to balance in the fun with all the therapies and doctoring.  When the weekend comes we're busy playing catch up on house stuff and too tired from the week's schedule to do much.  It is a vicious cycle.  I often revisit the therapies we do to see if any can be cut, but they are all critical for the individual, and with three SN kiddos, I can't say one child is more needy than the others and cut someone off.  They all need what they need, and that just makes the schedule crazy with less time to just sit and enjoy.  I find some time to be with each of them every day, but it will never be long enough.  They grow up too fast!

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 12:00 PM

I know what you mean. It seems like it was just January. My son is 6 and everytime he loses a baby tooth it makes me cry. I would love to slow time.

by Carissa on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:13 PM
I can relate!
by Cathleen on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Yes! I would love to be somewhere where it's just the 2 of worries about other kids looking looking at Aidan funny or making a comment because sometimes it's hard to understand what he says. 

Somewhere where he can just have fun, run anywhere he wants to, stim as loudly as he wants to and I don't have to feel like I have to watch him like a hawk the entire time. 

by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Yes, some days feel like that but most days I do stop what I'm doing if Noah asked , and go play with him or just sit with him to watch his favorite movie (again) etc. I've realized that kids grow up too fast..My oldest 2 are already grown and Noah (my youngest )will be 12 next weekend. Yes, my house is a mess, with dishes and pans in the sink everyday waiting to be washed , clean laundry thats still waiting to be folded for days, toys, books, school papers, junkmail laying on our couch, etc but those chores can wait because our kids will only be young once.....

by Jen on Apr. 12, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Wait. It's April already?? What the....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)