• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

it finally happened

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my son has a little boy who has been a bully to him amsince kindergarten mean to him pushing on him everything. I have been to the school so many times i gave up i finally told my son i didnt want to hear him cry over it no more and i wanted him to defend himself. I told my son if you are defending yourself you will never be in trouble with me .little background here my son is very concerned over being in trouble or hurting feelings of others and so on so he would just take it then come home crying. Well the other day i see a note in his agenda that he threw his ice pack at the kid and almost got a referral at the office and how he needs to not throw anything so i asked him come to find out the kid was picking on him again and he finally got tired and threw his ice stick at the kid and hit him in the face. So i wrote the teacher and said you guys have ignored me for years and have known so no he will not be punished for anything and he had every right to defend himself. I bought him an icecream after i learned the truth. I am actually happy that he finally stuck up for himself
by on May. 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laurag8707
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry for the typose my phone dont like me lol
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Im conflicted.
Im glad he didn't accept being picked on. But
Im kinda uncomfortable with throwing/hitting or other physical acts of displaying displeasure.
I get the school was doing nothing... But I just struggle with the situation... I totally get why you're glad and I really hope the boy stops picking on your son..
I wish there was a different way to handle it tho... And I'm sure you've looked for other options...
:(
Sorry this has been going on.
bigmomma04
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Good for your son! I teach my children to defend themselves when necessary as well.
mypbandj
by Jen on May. 17, 2015 at 11:37 PM
I'm glad he's staning up for himself.

Is there something more you can do at the school?

When my kids have had some bullying I've called the school and told them it was unacceptable and wanted to know how they were planning to fix it. Worked every time!

Good luck. Bullies SUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I am glad he defended himself, but shame shame on his school.

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 18, 2015 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
The school failed him :(

So sorry!
JENNlEPEPSl
by on May. 18, 2015 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel!! My DD is the same way. She refuses to 'be mean' to anyone, even bullies, even defending herself. 

On one hand, i would be so happy if my DD were to do this. 

But on the other hand, i would want her to reserve physical defense for when the other boy gets phsyical. 

BUT, the school is mostly to blame here!! This should have been dealt with long before this point! 

magmommy
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Like carissa said, the school failed helping him

Like SamMom i am conflicted. Defending ourselves is one thing but a purposeful retaliation to get some one to stop...well thats a slippery slope. I guess this issue depends on if he has thrown it to specifically get the kid away in a current threatening situation.
raschwittay
by Member on May. 19, 2015 at 12:19 PM
I totally understand. But I would tell him to use his words first. Practice with him. Teach him how to confidently walk up to the kid and tell him off. He can't get written up for speaking his mind.
ksbondgirl
by on May. 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
YESSSSSS!

I'll be willing to bet that the mean kid won't be back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)