Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your teen reading?

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Amy
  • 13 Replies

Colin's got so many books, but he has a hard time really getting in to them, unless they relate to video games or Pokemon.

What is your teen reading these days? Would they/you recommend anything?

by on May. 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine doesn't like fiction. He much prefers what he still calls "fact books." Right now he's doing research on weapons, of all things, for a video game he's trying to create, and he's also readng through a mythology encyclopedia I picked up for him.

He does, however, like reading comic books and graphic novels. You might see if Colin likes anything like that. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 7:02 PM
Sams not a teen but he too like graphic novels- calvin & hobbs, Dilbert, Foxtrot, plants snd zombies.
Right now he us also reading Mastermind as the author gordon korman spoke at his school on Thursday.
Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 17, 2015 at 9:28 PM

Ashton's 10.5..not a teen but a preteen.  he likes novels or short stories from movies (kids movies, mainly Disney or Pixar).  He also reads Flat Stanley and Captain Underpants. 

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 17, 2015 at 11:27 PM
My older son really like Eragon. It was a HUGE book and I don't know how he got so interested in it. But he did.
He also read the Harry Potter series and the Percy Jackson series.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 18, 2015 at 12:47 PM

He does like comic books and graphic novels, and with summer coming he'll be able to read more of those instead of books required for school.

Quoting gdiamante:

Mine doesn't like fiction. He much prefers what he still calls "fact books." Right now he's doing research on weapons, of all things, for a video game he's trying to create, and he's also readng through a mythology encyclopedia I picked up for him.

He does, however, like reading comic books and graphic novels. You might see if Colin likes anything like that. 

AspieAuntie
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM

lol, of course since I read YA and have written my own YA novel I read your headline as asking what sort of teen/YA books us moms are reading! Whoops :P. Bugga isn't quite a teen yet (11) but he seems to have a similar problem to Colin. He's only really interested in his video games and the only books he really WANTS to read are the poorly written Minecraft ebooks on Amazon, like "Diary of a Minecraft Zombie." Other than that he only wants to read the same books over and over: The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, the Big Nate series, and the Origami Yoda series. His father just gave him the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks and I was surprised when he wanted to read it. He's been quoting "facts" about zombies ever since! If Colin likes zombies he might be interested in it, as it is not too young.  

AspieAuntie
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Plants vs Zombies has a graphic novel?! Bugga LOVES those games so he might be interested in that. I'll have to check it out :)

Quoting SamMom912: Sams not a teen but he too like graphic novels- calvin & hobbs, Dilbert, Foxtrot, plants snd zombies. Right now he us also reading Mastermind as the author gordon korman spoke at his school on Thursday.

AspieAuntie
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Bugga used to read Flat Stanley too. If he likes Captain Underpants he might be interested in the Underwhere series by Bruce Hale. I've taken a writing class from him and he is hilarious! Such a nice guy. Bugga used to love his Chet Gecko series. It is a mystery series about a Gecko detective and it is full of puns (which Bugga loves). 

Quoting Charizma77:

Ashton's 10.5..not a teen but a preteen.  he likes novels or short stories from movies (kids movies, mainly Disney or Pixar).  He also reads Flat Stanley and Captain Underpants. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I'll have to see if our library has any of those books.

Quoting AspieAuntie:

Bugga used to read Flat Stanley too. If he likes Captain Underpants he might be interested in the Underwhere series by Bruce Hale. I've taken a writing class from him and he is hilarious! Such a nice guy. Bugga used to love his Chet Gecko series. It is a mystery series about a Gecko detective and it is full of puns (which Bugga loves). 

Quoting Charizma77:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Quoting AspieAuntie:

Plants vs Zombies has a graphic novel?! Bugga LOVES those games so he might be interested in that. I'll have to check it out :)

Quoting SamMom912: Sams not a teen but he too like graphic novels- calvin & hobbs, Dilbert, Foxtrot, plants snd zombies.
Right now he us also reading Mastermind as the author gordon korman spoke at his school on Thursday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)