Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont want him going today...

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
Sam teacher is out today. She is in a wedding.
He hasnt been successful w/ her... A trained SE teacher. I know there are 3 other good aides in the class... But there are more kids!

Dont forget, the program is when TSP lids go to mainstream- they go w/ support. So... R there even enough teachers? Whats the plan for Sam?

I typically text the teacher when we are leaving. She meets us at the door and texts me about issues or pick up. Well, she is out! Lol... Who do I text? :) lol

Im honestly just afraid it will go badly.. Reinforcing how bad school is for him. :(
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

If she would be the only one left in the classroom then they'll probably get a substitute. And I'm totally with you on subs ..... our kids need the same people. It's not fair to the teachers to expect them to never be absent but it's also not fair to our kids who don't quite grasp the fact that its just one day .... to them that day is their entire world at the moment.

Does Sam start his new med today? Or you possibly even got it last night? If yes, and this being a Friday, could you call the school and tell them you're keeping Sam home to see how he reacts to his new med? Honestly, I would want to do that anyway just to make sure no crazy side effects appear.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Starting this AM.

Teacher just texted me!!! To see how appt went - so sweet!!! She has full conf. In sub. Thinks sam should try for a bit.
I agree. We will go late though.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

If she would be the only one left in the classroom then they'll probably get a substitute. And I'm totally with you on subs ..... our kids need the same people. It's not fair to the teachers to expect them to never be absent but it's also not fair to our kids who don't quite grasp the fact that its just one day .... to them that day is their entire world at the moment.

Does Sam start his new med today? Or you possibly even got it last night? If yes, and this being a Friday, could you call the school and tell them you're keeping Sam home to see how he reacts to his new med? Honestly, I would want to do that anyway just to make sure no crazy side effects appear.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I view subs as an unexpected change our kids need to learn to adapt to because life will not always be the same or go the way they plan.  And it is a hard lesson to learn for our kiddos with much trial and error!  I prepare them when I know in advance a sub will be there, send all their favorites for lunch, plan extra down time when home, and expect their day not to go the best with behaviors happening.  Yet that is life.  Change happens. Who knows, maybe he'll even like the sub better and have a great day, lol!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Last Friday morning school had a fire drill. Sam refused to leave the building. He attacked his teacher- hitting, kicking, biting. She knew this was anxiety coupled with sensory, but they called me in at 9:30 (9:15 drill) said they understood, what can they do different better-- thank goodness teach knew Sam.. Etc...

You can see how school is going so poorly- how do send him w/ a sub

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

I view subs as an unexpected change our kids need to learn to adapt to because life will not always be the same or go the way they plan.  And it is a hard lesson to learn for our kiddos with much trial and error!  I prepare them when I know in advance a sub will be there, send all their favorites for lunch, plan extra down time when home, and expect their day not to go the best with behaviors happening.  Yet that is life.  Change happens. Who knows, maybe he'll even like the sub better and have a great day, lol!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 25, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Subs are hit and miss for Ashton. One sub he said he wanted to marry and one he hated so much I told the teacher if she knew that sub was coming to tell me and I wouldn't send Ashton.. Hope the day goes well for him!
LIMom1105
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. Matthew is doing better with this now, but he had difficulty until partway through last year when he started taking a med for anxiety.

But it is part of life, and I do think they need to be exposed to these changes. But making the rest if the day as nice as possible helps. I sometimes sent cookies for snack when I knew he had a sub.

Did you bring him? The aides are the same, so that should help.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM
I did. We went an hour late.(9:15 drop instead of 8:15/8:20 usual drop off).. And ill get him at noon.
Got text from aide that its going well.

Quoting LIMom1105: Agreed. Matthew is doing better with this now, but he had difficulty until partway through last year when he started taking a med for anxiety.

But it is part of life, and I do think they need to be exposed to these changes. But making the rest if the day as nice as possible helps. I sometimes sent cookies for snack when I knew he had a sub.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

LIMom1105
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great!!!! I hope it continues, if he has one success that will help in future, and you can remind him how well he did if he's apprehensive.

Quoting SamMom912: I did. We went an hour late.(9:15 drop instead of 8:15/8:20 usual drop off).. And ill get him at noon.
Got text from aide that its going well.

Quoting LIMom1105: Agreed. Matthew is doing better with this now, but he had difficulty until partway through last year when he started taking a med for anxiety.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)