Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need something breakable

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
  • 21 Replies
Does anyone know of anything that you can buy for breaking? Maybe something you can break and put back together? Our son has started breaking his glasses when upset. He said breaking something makes him feel better. I would love a MUCH cheaper item ;)
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:59 PM
What about Legos? If he likes building them, then breaking them and then later when calm build again. I'm really not sure. But i would be looking for something else too. Glasses can get expensive.
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM
His OT also just suggested that. We'll give that a try and see if it helps. Thanks!

Quoting Nickmom1118: What about Legos? If he likes building them, then breaking them and then later when calm build again. I'm really not sure. But i would be looking for something else too. Glasses can get expensive.
amje
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Those magnetic bar and ball building sets would make an interesting noise smashing apart, too.
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Do you know the name for those? I think I know what you're talking about, but can't think of what's it's called to look it up

Quoting amje: Those magnetic bar and ball building sets would make an interesting noise smashing apart, too.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:15 PM
What about ripping paper ? Can always recycle... :)
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM

How about legos?

Ralgj
by April on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:01 PM
My son likes to put stickers on paper then rip them all off. He will tear up paper. Legos is a good idea. Or any type of block really. My son will build then wreck them or smash into them.
chrissara1011
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:32 PM
From a mom who like to of never got her child to stop ripping paper don't start that... I would literally have a 30 gal trash bag of ripped magazines from my daughter... My mil would go to the recycling center and get magazines for her to rip.... She is 10...this happened daily until she was about 8

Quoting SamMom912: What about ripping paper ? Can always recycle... :)
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Yeah... No.... Sorry... Hard!!!
What about styrofoam? Like youd get in a new tv box? Or computer...

Quoting chrissara1011: From a mom who like to of never got her child to stop ripping paper don't start that... I would literally have a 30 gal trash bag of ripped magazines from my daughter... My mil would go to the recycling center and get magazines for her to rip.... She is 10...this happened daily until she was about 8

Quoting SamMom912: What about ripping paper ? Can always recycle... :)
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:36 PM

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I'll try these

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)