Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with your kid(s) artwork?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
I've been putting Ethan's up on the wall with masking tape but now that my younger son is in preschool too I'm thinking about other ways to store all the pictures they come home with. What do you do?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM
Ummm... I keep a handful and I throw the rest out.

I do know friends that take pictures and then set up folders on their computer. Digital art galleries.

But Sam is NOT artistic... I have saved his essays and letters to companies/military/zoos with suggestions for them. :) lol... Ugh, my kid is too funny!!!
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:15 PM
Quoting SamMom912: Ummm... I keep a handful and I throw the rest out.

I do know friends that take pictures and then set up folders on their computer. Digital art galleries.

But Sam is NOT artistic... I have saved his essays and letters to companies/military/zoos with suggestions for them. :) lol... Ugh, my kid is too funny!!!

Oh my goodness this is too funny! What a clever kid writing all those letters!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, its probably good the military never received theirs. Lol...
Whats funny is his last sentence is always.
This concludes my letter, Thank you for your time, sincerely Samuel Ethan ....

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

magmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Quoting SamMom912: Yeah, its probably good the military never received theirs. Lol...
Whats funny is his last sentence is always.
This concludes my letter, Thank you for your time, sincerely Samuel Ethan ....

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

That's really adorable.
Taking pictures...that's a good idea. The kids love to just look through pictures and if they saw their work I think they'd love it.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I have bins I keep their projects, papers, cards, etc in. I don't keep everything though.. My older 2 have 2 bins (each have a full bin) and my 3 yo has one and kit very full yet. I display a lot of their art work as well as take pics of it to show family ;)
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:50 PM
Fridge, stays in notebooks, or they hang them on their bedroom walls.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM
We hang them on the wall in the playroom. Then after awhile they get stored under my bed. I try to keep only certain things.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:52 PM

use some to decorate their playroom and some stash away in a box

solen
by VintageMom on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

solen
by VintageMom on Oct. 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

The above is a photo of our wide hallway that leads from the foyer to the great room.  I framed some of his work, and then I have a single plastic container for some other favorites.  The container is the type for wrapping paper, so it works the artwork.  Some ( a lot) gets tossed.....I also have a giant cork board that is painted w chalkboard paint, and I pin things on that.  But I am going to move that up to my son's bedroom so he can put things up on his wall......his friends give him art, he has small anime posters etc.........so I am giving up my board for him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)