Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Introduce Yourself Here

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Jen
  • 262 Replies
5 moms liked this

welcome

Welcome to our group, Autism - Support Across the Spectrum! We are happy you are here. 

• Are you on the autism spectrum? 
  • Do you have a child on the autism spectrum? 
  • Or do you suspect that your child might be on the autism spectrum? 
  • Is there someone in your life who is on the autism spectrum? 

jigsaw ribbon

If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you are in the right place! 

Please reply to this post and introduce yourself. You can also start your own post and reply to other moms who have posted.  That is a great way to get involved and make new friends. Don't be shy - we are a very kind and supportive group. 

Here are some helpful links: 

by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sofaraway25
by on Oct. 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM
6 moms liked this

Hi,

My name is Missy and I have a little boy who has both autism and adhd.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Hi Missy, welcome to the group! My 14 year old son also has both autism (high functioning) and adhd. How old is your little boy?

Quoting sofaraway25:

Hi,

sofaraway25
by on Oct. 17, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Missy, welcome to the group! My 14 year old son also has both autism (high functioning) and adhd. How old is your little boy?

Quoting sofaraway25:

Hi,

jjchick75
by Member on Oct. 21, 2015 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this
Hi,my name is Jamie and I have a 5 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed as being mildly autistic and with anxiety. I believe I probably fall on the spectrum as well but I've never been evaluated. I also have a nephew who is severely autistic.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 21, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Hi Jamie, welcome! Why do you think you fall on the spectrum as well? Do you think you'll pursue diagnosis?

Quoting jjchick75: Hi,my name is Jamie and I have a 5 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed as being mildly autistic and with anxiety. I believe I probably fall on the spectrum as well but I've never been evaluated. I also have a nephew who is severely autistic.

jjchick75
by Member on Oct. 21, 2015 at 4:10 PM
I never really thought about it until my nephew was going through the process of being diagnosed and they gave my sister a brochures and she was reading them to me and in my head I was thinking good grief that sounds like and then she stopped reading and said "No offense but this sounds like you". Socially very awkward and I become overwhelmed quickly in social seetings. I've found ways to deal with it but as a child it was really upsetting to me and would cause me to meltdown and shutdown. I might pursue diagnosis. My therapist thinks I should. She's been encouraging that for a year or so. I don't know why I am dragging my feet lol.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Hi Jamie, welcome! Why do you think you fall on the spectrum as well? Do you think you'll pursue diagnosis?

Quoting jjchick75: Hi,my name is Jamie and I have a 5 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed as being mildly autistic and with anxiety. I believe I probably fall on the spectrum as well but I've never been evaluated. I also have a nephew who is severely autistic.

Walker101
by on Oct. 21, 2015 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I have two children, 16 & 19, with fragile x syndrome. My 19 year old son also has an autism diagnosis.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM

That makes a lot of sense. It probably would be good for you to look into a diagnosis for yourself.

Quoting jjchick75: I never really thought about it until my nephew was going through the process of being diagnosed and they gave my sister a brochures and she was reading them to me and in my head I was thinking good grief that sounds like and then she stopped reading and said "No offense but this sounds like you". Socially very awkward and I become overwhelmed quickly in social seetings. I've found ways to deal with it but as a child it was really upsetting to me and would cause me to meltdown and shutdown. I might pursue diagnosis. My therapist thinks I should. She's been encouraging that for a year or so. I don't know why I am dragging my feet lol.
Quoting amonkeymom:

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting Walker101:

I have two children, 16 & 19, with fragile x syndrome. My 19 year old son also has an autism diagnosis.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 23, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Hi Jamie!

I have a 5 yr old son that was diagnosed with moderate autism and anxiety disorder. He was diagnosed 2 yrs ago. He also had signs of ADHD, but was too young to diagnose.

Is your daughter in school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)