Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

welcome

Welcome to our group, Autism - Support Across the Spectrum! We are happy you are here. 

• Are you on the autism spectrum? 
  • Do you have a child on the autism spectrum? 
  • Or do you suspect that your child might be on the autism spectrum? 
  • Is there someone in your life who is on the autism spectrum? 

jigsaw ribbon

If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you are in the right place! 

Please reply to this post and introduce yourself. You can also start your own post and reply to other moms who have posted.  That is a great way to get involved and make new friends. Don't be shy - we are a very kind and supportive group. 

Here are some helpful links: 

by on Jan. 2, 2016 at 4:07 PM
Replies (261-262):
Queenieof02
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2018 at 9:10 PM

Hi my name is Angela. I have Fragile X Syndrome and passed it onto my son Jess who is 15. I have two children Jess and Brianna. She is 11 and is a huge help with her brother most of the time. Jess has Fragile X Syndrome and Autism. He also has severe congnitive disability . He has been in school for 1 hour 2xs a week after the other kids have left. He doesn't like other kids not even his cousins but he does (love sometimes) his sister. But just today he is now homeschooled finally!! I have been asking for a few years now and his teacher finally was able to come over after class. ( due to her aid retiring) he was such a womderful person!! His teacher will be retiring this year cause she doesn't want to teach with out her aid. They were like family. So sad cause my son responded really good with them both. Ok thats enough for today lol.. if you would like to know more about us please just ask!! Thank for adding me!!

sookyee
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 4:47 PM
Hi,

My name is Sook Yee. My daughter, Joanna is 2 years and 8 months old. She has recently been diagnosed with high functioning autism. She is starting ABA therapy this coming Monday.

I am educating myself on autism. So far, “Ask an Austistic” YouTube videos have been enlightening for me. I have not read any books on the subject. I have read the 100 day starter kit from AutismSpeaks website. I am trying to find out experiences on different types of therapy such as RDI, Floortime, ABA and VB.

Appreciate that you point me to any previous posts or sharing that will be helpful.

Sook Yee
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)