Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Awww, school woes, again.

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM
  • 29 Replies
So after 3 good days of building tolerance it all crumbled Again....

Last Thursday, drove down, waited 40 minutes til calm enough to go in, went into class... Hyperventilated, screamed, left.

Friday drove down (hubby met us) went into class, screamed I cant do it 3/4 times, bowled thru us trying to get to the door. We left. Hubby went back to work. Sam & I went home.

Saturday had hyperventilating panic attack at getting out of car at mom & pop dog food store.

Yesterday, stayed home all day.

Today, full on refusal. Stayed in bed, read.

Emailed psychiatrist. She is on vacation until 11/2.
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:05 PM

hugs

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM
That's really tough. Such a roller coaster ride! It's only Monday, I hope the rest of your week turns out for the better.
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:16 PM

:(. I'm sorry!  That stinks.  I'm sure you are burnt out.

what's plan B if this med doesn't do the trick?  Is there another to try?

hugs.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Oh no :(

I was wondering, do you keep a daily log of kinda anything and everything to see if you can find any patterns? Like did he seem overly worn out after that last awesome day at school and so he went to bed feeling so tired, already building himself up to not be able to handle the next day? Does he eat different amounts on different days, super craving carbs one day, while another be willing to eat an assortment ( I know his overall diet is limited but like Cheyanne will have days where she will eat a variety of meats as well as carbs, and then other days its literally crackers and pb).

I'm staring to write down absolutely everything as our BCBA has even said, too many of Cheyanne's behaviors are totally inconsistent where there is no logical precurser. I have to dig deeper, the antecedent isn't as clear cut as it is for other kids. I just wonder if there's something else going on in Sam's body/environment that might be overlooked because it wouldn't bother anyone else, but for some reason it's setting him off.

Oh, like I felt like I deserved the mom fail award of the year last week. I finally realized one big thing that was affecting Cheyanne's pull up changes. Her ladyparts were red and inflamed ...... I don't wait til the end of bathtime to wash her hair. She's always hated it so much, I let her play in the water afterwards so we can end bathtime on a good note. Well, sitting in the soapy water has been causing irration down there for weeks, possibly months. I knew she was flipping out for a reason .... it hurt to have something touch it.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:45 PM
Awwwww poor Chey, red inflamed ye-ouch!!!! Wow! But hey... Its an answer! Finally!!!

No, when Sam was little I kept track of sleep/food/moods/melts... But to no "discerning" telltale answers.

At 9... With barely any carbs, barely any dairy, barely any protein, and fruit.. There IS fruit! Its most likely just "poor diet"... Sigh... Banana,
Green apple & turkey bacon (or regular bacon) for breakfast .... Sliced pepperoni or salami with strawberries & grapes for lunch...
Occasionally a bagel, Occasionally a pancake., occasionally yogurt. Occasionally pizza, occasionally chicken fingers/nuggets & fries.
1 cup chocolate milk, water w/ ice cubes.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I was wondering, do you keep a daily log of kinda anything and everything to see if you can find any patterns? Like did he seem overly worn out after that last awesome day at school and so he went to bed feeling so tired, already building himself up to not be able to handle the next day? Does he eat different amounts on different days, super craving carbs one day, while another be willing to eat an assortment ( I know his overall diet is limited but like Cheyanne will have days where she will eat a variety of meats as well as carbs, and then other days its literally crackers and pb).

I'm staring to write down absolutely everything as our BCBA has even said, too many of Cheyanne's behaviors are totally inconsistent where there is no logical precurser. I have to dig deeper, the antecedent isn't as clear cut as it is for other kids. I just wonder if there's something else going on in Sam's body/environment that might be overlooked because it wouldn't bother anyone else, but for some reason it's setting him off.

Oh, like I felt like I deserved the mom fail award of the year last week. I finally realized one big thing that was affecting Cheyanne's pull up changes. Her ladyparts were red and inflamed ...... I don't wait til the end of bathtime to wash her hair. She's always hated it so much, I let her play in the water afterwards so we can end bathtime on a good note. Well, sitting in the soapy water has been causing irration down there for weeks, possibly months. I knew she was flipping out for a reason .... it hurt to have something touch it.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:47 PM
Totally burnt... Fried.

Am thinking to just be done with school. Sign him out. Sign off... Unschool/homeschool...
Get meds settled... Get Sam settled...
Just be better then this.
This is killing me.

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

hugs.

heldcaptiveby2
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Hugs
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:53 PM

I would be too.  You've stuck through longer than I think I could, and I'm not the homeschooling girl either.  But it would do me in too.  You both need a break.  I've heard of un schooling, Sam might be perfect for that.  He's so smart and willing to learn.

My day was sh*t too.  We all need a break from our lives!  Ugh!  Hoping tomorrow looks up for you.

Quoting SamMom912: Totally burnt... Fried. Am thinking to just be done with school. Sign him out. Sign off... Unschool/homeschool... Get meds settled... Get Sam settled... Just be better then this. This is killing me.
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

hugs.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 26, 2015 at 11:20 PM
I am soooo sry! This sucks for you and Sam! I don't know how you have done it this long. Sam is so lucky to have you. I know you feel defeated and I totally get it. I hope you can figure out something that might work for you.

Hugs!
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM

Has he had recent blood to see if any damage has been done by his poor diet? Does his endo do full blood panels when he goes there?

It is good that he at least eats fruit, he's getting different colors in his diet ...... my child's diet is white and brown. But she does take supplements and I know you havent' found something he'll take yet. Ofcourse with all that fruit and not alot of substantial otherwise, I would wonder about his sugar levels ..... could some of his outbursts possibly be hypoglycemic related? 

I know you consider everything. Just trying to find anything to help.

Quoting SamMom912: Awwwww poor Chey, red inflamed ye-ouch!!!! Wow! But hey... Its an answer! Finally!!! No, when Sam was little I kept track of sleep/food/moods/melts... But to no "discerning" telltale answers. At 9... With barely any carbs, barely any dairy, barely any protein, and fruit.. There IS fruit! Its most likely just "poor diet"... Sigh... Banana, Green apple & turkey bacon (or regular bacon) for breakfast .... Sliced pepperoni or salami with strawberries & grapes for lunch... Occasionally a bagel, Occasionally a pancake., occasionally yogurt. Occasionally pizza, occasionally chicken fingers/nuggets & fries. 1 cup chocolate milk, water w/ ice cubes.
Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)