Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No filter!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Amy
  • 7 Replies

I love my kid, don't get me wrong, but... he has no filter! At least he keeps it to himself most of the time. But, if you ask him and expect an answer, it's going to be truthful.

This morning I asked him to do something that his sister was supposed to do yesterday and his response was "I better be getting paid for doing the things SHE was supposed to do!" And, then I asked him to shovel the snow off the front sidewalk and he did. When he came in I thanked him and he said nothing so I said sarcastically, "No problem, mom, I didn't mind doing it at all". He yelled out "But I DID mind doing it!"

LOL

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 11:34 AM
LOL my 8 year old has always been that way too LOL.
lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:47 PM

I hear you loud and clear. My son always wants to argue on the way to school in the morning...really? And he is always right, an authority on all matters and talks over me when I try to explain anything to him. I have lost my temper and find myself yelling at him which I haven't done in ages. I don't understand know how to deal with someone who fights me on everything. I left his father because I couldn't stand it...now I am living it all over again. I know I have to put my foot down but I also don't want him to stop telling me how he feels. I love the story about your son...so funny. They are funny aren't they?

Bleddynt
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 2:16 PM

most of the kids who i know with asd also have no filter. my kid is no exception. she has a strong belief that people should not lie. I have tried to teach her that you can keep things to yourself, there is no need to say everything you are thinking, but she "forgets" (her word).

The most recent example was with the pizza delivery guy. He was an older man, uses a cane, is slightly huntched, and I didnt notice by my kid said he was missing a tooth or a few maybe. So what did my dd say? "Ill your creepy!"

Oh how horrible I felt (and appologized for her)... and now I always think my food will be delivered with spit topping.

these things happen all the time, but I guess I am lucky that she doesnt lie

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Nick has no filter either! A lot of times I have to laugh at him.

Today, I am sick and have been for about 4 days. And DH worked a long day yesterday so he was really burnt out. So, he decided to take Nick outside. He asked for me to get him dressed. I did. Then told me to put his boots on. I asked him to do that because my sinus headache and my ears are making me dizzy. He started telling me no and was trying to start an arguement. Nick said "arguing about putting my boots on! Come on people!!!" My teenager and mom started laughing. Put us right in our place. Lol.
amonkeymom
by Amy on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Too funny some days! lol

Yesterday we switched from DirecTV to Xfinity and while the cable guys were here Colin was telling them all about our dogs... "Oh, she isn't mean at all, just pat her head and she'll be your friend for life". I had to pull him aside and remind him to NOT tell strangers things like that because they are part of our security system and if strangers know that our dogs are really wimps in disguise they might be more apt to come back and break in.

Quoting lucasmadre:

I hear you loud and clear. My son always wants to argue on the way to school in the morning...really? And he is always right, an authority on all matters and talks over me when I try to explain anything to him. I have lost my temper and find myself yelling at him which I haven't done in ages. I don't understand know how to deal with someone who fights me on everything. I left his father because I couldn't stand it...now I am living it all over again. I know I have to put my foot down but I also don't want him to stop telling me how he feels. I love the story about your son...so funny. They are funny aren't they?

sroddy1087
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got the same problem. Figure both my kids will be the same. The bright side is that you know what they're thinking. LOL

K1tten
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:37 PM

LOL! My whole family knows not to ask Zion a question if they don't want to hear the truth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)