• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maryland Becomes the First State to Require Disability Training for Cops

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

As that parent with that Big Teddy Bear Kid this is such good news

http://www.care2.com/causes/maryland-becomes-the-first-state-to-require-disability-training-for-cops.html#ixzz3yqJ8Vs9z

by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
3boyzmylfe
by on Feb. 2, 2016 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in nyc, and we had a cop come to the school and do a Q&A session with the parents concerning the nypd and their practices and the outcome though informational, was down right scary. The nypd is very resistant to changing their practices and in the past there have been autistic individuals who have been killed by the nypd bc of misunderstandings.
Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2016 at 8:43 AM

Love it, We are originally from NYC, and I notice some cops are more open back home not only because we have some in the family but it seems everyone has a ASD kids somewhere and people are force to take note and relate because they now see what we see!  It could be one of their own!

Quoting 3boyzmylfe: I live in nyc, and we had a cop come to the school and do a Q&A session with the parents concerning the nypd and their practices and the outcome though informational, was down right scary. The nypd is very resistant to changing their practices and in the past there have been autistic individuals who have been killed by the nypd bc of misunderstandings.

solen
by VintageMom on Feb. 3, 2016 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea MARYLAND!!!!!!

it's my home state, wine t to college at university of Maryland ...love the state for so many reasons and now I can add one more reason to love it!,,,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)