Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have any allergies?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Amy
  • 19 Replies

Colin is allergic to a bunch of grasses, dogs, cats and some trees, but has no food allergies.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sofaraway25
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:43 PM

he breaks out with cornstarch.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:44 PM
My daughter is to an antibiotic.

My son to peanuts \tree nuts, milk, egg, cats,dogs, grass, trees
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Milk, citrus fruit and citric acid, chocolate, peanuts, and dust mites. He was tested over the summer.
Ralgj
by April on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:05 PM
my youngest has a peanut allergy
Ralgj
by April on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Chocolate how sad :(

Quoting rebecca_new_mom: Milk, citrus fruit and citric acid, chocolate, peanuts, and dust mites. He was tested over the summer.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I know right! Sad if it were me especially!!

Quoting Ralgj: Chocolate how sad :(

Quoting rebecca_new_mom: Milk, citrus fruit and citric acid, chocolate, peanuts, and dust mites. He was tested over the summer.
Ralgj
by April on Feb. 6, 2016 at 3:48 PM
I guess if you don't eat it you don't know what you are missing. I would be sad. I love chocolate!!

Are his allergies bad enough that you don't have the items in your home? We don't have any peanut products or products that could be contaminated and it's hard sometimes. Esp at first. My oldest loves peanut butter so the switch was hardest for him.

Quoting rebecca_new_mom: I know right! Sad if it were me especially!!

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We can still keep stuff in the house for his little brother. Ethan's diet is so limited, he doesn't eat peanut or chocolate anyway. Citric fruit is tougher to avoid (he drinks OJ, so he has a little occasionally). He doesn't drink milk anymore but the Trader Joes breaded chicken does have trace amounts of milk, as does goldfish, but it doesn't seem to affect him (whew!) We use dust mite cover encasing for his mattress and pillow but really I don't see how anyone could possibly avoid some amount of dust mites in their surrounding! Grosses me out to think of those little critters tho lol!

Quoting Ralgj: I guess if you don't eat it you don't know what you are missing. I would be sad. I love chocolate!!

Are his allergies bad enough that you don't have the items in your home? We don't have any peanut products or products that could be contaminated and it's hard sometimes. Esp at first. My oldest loves peanut butter so the switch was hardest for him.
Quoting rebecca_new_mom: I know right! Sad if it were me especially!!
Simran81
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:23 PM

No allergies.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 4:27 PM
My oldest and youngest have hay fever, pet dander, and sinus issues(like my side of the family).
My middle son has an allergy to amoxicillin(like his dad and my sisters).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)