Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

overwhelmed

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so as you may remember because I have plastered it ALL over here... My DH and I are buying a house!!! OMG. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. 

We have been together for 11 years, married nearly 4 and we have two boys. It isn't like anything is going to change. You know? But this seems........ so................. huge. So defiant..... So adult of us....... My DH is also not very handy and I have limitations because of CP and auto-immune stuff.... So that is a bit nerve racking. 

At the SAME time our house is closing and we are moving.... Our youngest is due to start full time one on one in home therapy.....

Ok..... so we have to get through all the BS of buying a house..... I have to pack (my DH has never packed anything but the computer) and move our 2 ASD kids..... right before and during spring break. I will have some help but it will be really limited. 

My DH is suppose to move to days in a few weeks.... He has worked graveyard since we moved nearly 2 years ago. So this might sound odd.... But we all have to learn to be around him again..... I mean for the last two years he is either sleeping or at work. And we all have to get use to his parenting again..... The shift change is suppose to happen in a few weeks (like 2 weeks.) But I am not holding my breath either.....

So
buying a house
Spring break
Therapy starts
Shift change

and I am  still trying to get therapy going for my oldest.

I feel like I am sitting on a ticking time bomb over here. I mean it is all good stuff.... But it is all colluding at the same time.

Add to that and I am sure you have all heard about it..... the gal on the spectrum who was shot by police.... I read about it on my news feed..... and then my phone rang.....  it was my friend. She KNEW this gal..... for awhile. She had to block her on FB do to this gals aggressive behavior. This gal had told my friend she planned to kill herself. But she wanted to be shot by the police because she couldn't take her own life herself.

My friend out of concern notified the police.... they did a welfare check and the gal said she didn't want any help.

My friend is being herself up..... badly! Thinking she could have done something more.... I have spent the last few days trying to explain to her that if Danielle already had this plan then there was nothing to be done.

I hate the fact that my friend feels this responsible for this other persons actions.

I hate the fact that people are eating those officers alive over this.

This is what she wanted. Period. She had this thought months ago.... sadly a few days ago she put it in motion... I keep telling my friend that you can save people from themselves. I hope she hears me....

sorry rant over.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Hugs)))
okpondlady
by Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Hope it gets better.

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Wow, that really IS a lot! But like you said--good things--but still adjustment. I remember having to pack up our entire apartment by myself once my husband accepted a job offer in San Francisco. Because he had to start work right away, I also had to drive up there 8 hrs just me and Ethan. It was a lot! I hope once you get settled in your new place you can take a deep sigh of relief and enjoy all the good things: house, husband being around more, boys getting therapy. You deserve good things to happen for your family! Hugs on all the stress that comes along with it!
Ralgj
by April on Feb. 7, 2016 at 7:37 AM
Wow!! That all sounds overwhelming! I am overwhelmed just reading it all. I'm sure once you get settled in things will fall into place. They are all good changes but still changes. Just expect a fre bumps in the road until you all get adjusted. Hang in there! Hugs!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM
Change is hard!!! And that IS a LOt!!!
And its all colliding at the same time-- which makes your head spin!
Its ALL great stuff! I hope the excitement gets you thru the challenging moments.
Congrats on the new house!!
Pack 1 box with coffee pot, clean towels, shower stuff and mugs... :)
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM
Closing on the house-more space so people can go someplace alone once in a while.
Packing-at least you can make sure that it's labeled properly, everything goes in the room you want and you can get rid of stuff you don't need or want so you have less clutter at the new place.
FT one-on-one-exactly that, he is getting full time therapy one on one in-home therapy aka the therapy he needs, the attention he needs and no driving for you.
Shift change-because he is on a regular schedule, he may sleep more, his moodiness will get better, he will be an extra set of hands at night to manage the boys.
Friend with ASD issue friend-she did what she could and if anything I would mention to the authorities that she was already planning a death by cop suicide to clear their names.
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2016 at 9:59 AM
It is a lot all at once. Start packing early if you are doing it yourself. I start with things like clothes not being used, storage things, ect.. Use the time to purge if you can. Your husband being home might be helpful while packing.

When you move- last thing you pack is kid's rooms and first thing you do is set up kid's rooms. Then they have a place to go if the new house and clutter is overwhelming.

Therapy might tough at first with so many changes. When my son started ABA in K he was terrible at home, but great in school.

Take it a day at a time. It will get better and you will have a new routine set up in the new house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)