Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD: FRIDAY

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have signs around your house as visual reminders for them such as wash their hands, flush, rinse their hair, etc.?

I was watching an autism documentary and the ASD daughter would often forget to rinse her hair before finishing bathing, so she made signd and added pictures as reminders for her.

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amje
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:04 AM
Yes. They're laminated, so they'll last a few more years, which is great now that I have two more lo's to train.
Ralgj
by April on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:40 AM
I don't. My son doesn't always like visual reminders. Sometimes they upset him. Maybe we will try again in the future.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Mar. 11, 2016 at 7:39 AM
I have one for brushing teeth. He actually made it in preschool and it has stayed. And I have visual reminders on where we get dressed and where we don't. Nick was running around naked when my 16 yr old would have friends over.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM
No. Sam is pretty good about stuff like that.
I can say "go brush please". & he will do "all steps" regarding brushing except rinsing the globs of toothpaste off the sink. Lol!!!
But 1. He IS s boy & thats typical for the men in my house.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM

Yes, laminated. Teeth brushing, washing hands, potty.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM
We used to have them in the bathroom.. By the toilet and by the sink. It helped! He's 11 now and it's been a long time since he needed them but I think they are wonderful.
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM

I have and my oldest would tear them up when be got mad about being reminded and having to do them.

Now its mostly verbal reminders. I do have their chore list and the house rules posted in the living room for all to see though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)