Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opwdd services

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:06 AM
  • 24 Replies
Xavier just got approved for opwdd services. And I am supposed to talk to someone later today to decide what services we want Xavier to receive. I know they can pick up swimming lessons. He gets floortime covered by his insurance. I don't know. I thought I would have more time to do research.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 5:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM
My BFF is a opwdd psychologist in saratoga. She handles adults/residential/ behavioral plans.
Want me to ask her what services they offer or do you just need to read & decide.
I reached out w/ paperwork. But down here its long wait. How long did it take u?
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:40 AM
Six months but I didn't do the waiver. Dh took a different job a year ago, we were middle class and now we're in the working poor. It sucks that we had to go backwards to get services. We did start the waiver process almost two years ago.
Yes I'm having a hard time finding whatexactly is offered. I know swimming lessons are and respite care but that's it.

Quoting SamMom912: My BFF is a opwdd psychologist in saratoga. She handles adults/residential/ behavioral plans.
Want me to ask her what services they offer or do you just need to read & decide.
I reached out w/ paperwork. But down here its long wait. How long did it take u?
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Ill ask. She is commuting now. But Ill text her after 9. :)

Quoting lady-J-Rock: Six months but I didn't do the waiver. Dh took a different job a year ago, we were middle class and now we're in the working poor. It sucks that we had to go backwards to get services. We did start the waiver process almost two years ago.
Yes I'm having a hard time finding whatexactly is offered. I know swimming lessons are and respite care but that's it.

Quoting SamMom912: My BFF is a opwdd psychologist in saratoga. She handles adults/residential/ behavioral plans.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Sorry Nikki, shes in a meeting this Am.
Her response was "in meeting. Get back to u l8r".
Ralgj
by April on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never heard of this. Is it a NY thing?
KirbysToaster
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM
Do you have a Medicaid services coordinator?
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:25 PM
Not yet.

Quoting KirbysToaster: Do you have a Medicaid services coordinator?
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock: Not yet.

What county are you in?

....I am only responsible for what I say,NOT for what you understand.....
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:39 PM
It's the office for people with developmental disablities which from my understanding all states have services for those with developtmental disablities. The name of the organization may be different. In Pennsylvania it's called odp, in New Jersey it's called DDD.

Quoting Ralgj: I've never heard of this. Is it a NY thing?
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:42 PM
Steuben. The guy said once I decide which agency to go through one would be appointed. The trouble is the different agencies offer different services.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting lady-J-Rock: Not yet.

What county are you in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)