Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Small vent

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
You know I think the place Sam is at is top notch. The people are lovely.
Theres 1 team member who just sometimes says things wrong that stings...
Ya'll know Sam ate a dinner roll Wednesday. Hubby asked at last nights call if he had another 1. They were out. 4 days til in. :(
In talking to team; a team member offered to pick up some at store for him (sweet) but then followed it up with "he has had a better attitude; I dont mind."

Better attitude?
I dragged my agoraphobic socially & generally anxious autistic 9 year old across country. His attitude is "scared!" Is scared cowering in a corner? Sure, for some... The other side is "teeth bared growling" but they are BOTH the same.

Team member also reported to me that at one point Sam mentioned he needed help in his room. There were books on the floor (he has about 10 that he brought) and needed to put his sheets back on (the bed is against the wall) and it was "too tricky" so team member says "i was shocked he stood there watching me & did nuh-uh-thing!
Im not sure what they think Sam "should" have been doing. He is 9. His bed is different at home (not against wall, queen size) i do one side, he does other when changing sheets. He can absolutely just make a bed we pick up books together.

Im kinda hurt this team member thinks Sam has a bad attitude and is "lazy" when I dont even think there was a prompt or request.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Are you going to say something? While maybe her words"came out the wrong way," I'd be tempted to dig a little deeper. That was an insensitive thing to say, I hope she didn't really mean it and just chose the wrong words. Hugs!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
She seems kinda "mid west gruff" matter of fact... I dont really think she is mean...
Sam likes Lays potato chips so hubby (with sams small care package sunday) wanted to buy a few bags of lays (small lunch size) and a few NY green apples. She said no... He is tolerating their chips.. He will learn to tolerate their apples. She also wanted us to wait with the package til Monday. Which hubby had told Sam would be delivered over the weekend... She was all "waiting wont kill him"..

I explained that the waiting would kill hubby! Lol here we were in Wisconsin... For "nuh-uh-thing!" But dropping off 2 books! Lol

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Are you going to say something? While maybe her words"came out the wrong way," I'd be tempted to dig a little deeper. That was an insensitive thing to say, I hope she didn't really mean it and just chose the wrong words. Hugs!

patnic
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM

Ouch.  That would sting.  

Heck, I HATE that my dh put my kids beds against the wall.  It is very tricky to change or fix the sheets.  Heck, did they even ask for his help?  My kids would probably have watched too, just because I'm the one at home that changes the sheets.  

Ralgj
by April on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:05 PM
I would have a hard time hearing those things too. A lot of people really don't realize how their words come off to other people. It doesn't help that Sam is your baby and away from home going through a tough time. If you don't think she is mean and just more of a gruff person I guess do your best to let it go. Hugs!!
Gloria1025
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Hugs! I understand how you are feeling because it seems like she is being dismissive of what he is struggling with - ugh! Why can't people just try to understand and have compassion! I understand not "giving in" etc. but is respect and compassion too much to ask for??? It just smells a little like "this kid is spoiled" BS that we deal with from ignorant people which is not what you should expect from employees of this place.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM
She sounds annoying and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't like her.. She's probably like that with everyone and best to just ignore it :/
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM
I know he is a bit spoiled. Im a bit spoiled. Lol!
But NOT like that!!! As spoiled as the average well cared for kid. :)

Quoting Gloria1025: Hugs! I understand how you are feeling because it seems like she is being dismissive of what he is struggling with - ugh! Why can't people just try to understand and have compassion! I understand not "giving in" etc. but is respect and compassion too much to ask for??? It just smells a little like "this kid is spoiled" BS that we deal with from ignorant people which is not what you should expect from employees of this place.
brennan5882300
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:37 PM

That seems insensitive and (like you said) ignorant on the worker's part.  But sometimes I wind up liking people I thought were jerks--maybe she'll redeem herself?  That would really bother me regarding the package, too--I hate letting my kids down if I can avoid it, and this seems avoidable.  :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)