Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What pushes me over

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM
  • 28 Replies
Ari is sick, needs to be seen today. Ethan has been awake since 4 am. We still have all the appointments to get thru. I get zero help caring for the boys from morning thru night every single day, fine. But then to have a partner who is mean and disrespectful for years now, that's what pushes me over the edge. It shouldn't be this way.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
You are right. It shouldnt be that way at all.

"Partner" implies that.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:09 PM
That being said "attorney" hours are typically unfair to families.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this
The hours are not his fault, the disrespect is

Quoting SamMom912: That being said "attorney" hours are typically unfair to families.
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 11, 2016 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agreed. You think a "partner" would sacrifice a little to help every now and then. Like me being sick with MONO. And he wants to know what I'm making him for lunch......

Ralgj
by April on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
You're right there is no excuse. You deserve respect.

It's sorry to hear Ari is sick again. Poor guy and mom!!

Hugs!!
Ralgj
by April on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Wow!! Sorry he is acting like that!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Totally agreed. You think a "partner" would sacrifice a little to help every now and then. Like me being sick with MONO. And he wants to know what I'm making him for lunch......

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM
He apologized for this morning's explosion. It's just difficult when you have 2 parents on the verge of a breakdown for their own reasons! I appreciate the apology. It's a good band aide at least.

Quoting SamMom912: You are right. It shouldnt be that way at all.

"Partner" implies that.
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM

I have been doing alot of reading and soul searching on this subject. What I have found to be the center of the problems I face is a lack of self control. My husband feels so comfortable with me he goes off the handle on me expecting me to take it and be okay with it. He doesn't care if he hurts my feelings, he thinks its okay for him to hurt my feelings because that is how he views marriage. We are allowed to hurt each other and we should be able to get over it. Even though really it means its okay for him to hurt me but there will be hell to pay if I ever hurt his precious feelings.

You can pm me if you want, or not even answer me at all. I understand the pain and frustration and the hesitancy to talk about it. But Im curious, why do you stay? And I'm asking that from the perspective of a woman struggling with that same question.

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Hugs friend. It would be nice to share these feeling with someone, but true that it isn't easy.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I have been doing alot of reading and soul searching on this subject. What I have found to be the center of the problems I face is a lack of self control. My husband feels so comfortable with me he goes off the handle on me expecting me to take it and be okay with it. He doesn't care if he hurts my feelings, he thinks its okay for him to hurt my feelings because that is how he views marriage. We are allowed to hurt each other and we should be able to get over it. Even though really it means its okay for him to hurt me but there will be hell to pay if I ever hurt his precious feelings.

You can pm me if you want, or not even answer me at all. I understand the pain and frustration and the hesitancy to talk about it. But Im curious, why do you stay? And I'm asking that from the perspective of a woman struggling with that same question.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You and the boys deserve to be treated better. i am so sorry that on top of all the parenting stress and parenting special needs kids stress you are also dealing with marital stress. It's not healthy and not good for any of you. You deserve better my friend..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)