Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Light it up Blue!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

These are just some of the locations that will be Lighting it up Blue this year for World Autism Awareness Day on April 2nd. To read the full article from Autism Speaks, click here: Breaking Blue News

breaking blue news

Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will Light It Up Blue this year in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

The Great Buddha of Hyogo in Kamakura, Japan, will Light It Up Blue this year in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

Petra, the archaeological site in Jordan’s southwestern desert and one of the 7 Wonders of the World will Light It Up Blue this year in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

The New York Red Bulls in Harrison, New Jersey, will have their Red Bull Arena Light It Up Blue this year in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

Macy's Herald Square and Bloomingdales on 59th in New York City, NY will Light It Up Blue on Friday, April 1st, throughout April 2nd in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

2,500 sanitation trucks and street sweepers will Light It Up Blue in NYC in honor of Autism Awareness Month and World Autism Awareness Day!

by on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:26 PM

The world-renowned Blue Man Group are helping Light It Up Blue in honor of World Autism Awareness Day!

The Taipei 101 – The Skyscraper Center in Taipei, Taiwan will Light It Up Blue on April 2, 2016 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day! 

The Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia will Light It Up Blue on April 2, 2016 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day! 

The U.S. Bank Tower, the tallest building in California, will Light It Up Blue on April 2, 2016 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day. 

The day's top headlines from around the autism community.

Madison Square Garden also known as The World's Most Famous Arena located in New York, NY, will Light It Up Blue on April 2, 2016 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day. 

The Sagrada Familia, one of the most famous roman catholic churches located in Barcelona, Spain will Light It Up Blue on April 2, 2016 in honor of World Autism Awareness Day. 

MyLittleMunchie
by Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My family, friends & I will all proudly be lighting it up blue in our respective areas as well: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens & Brooklyn!  :)

jigsaw ribbon

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!!!

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

My family, friends & I will all proudly be lighting it up blue in our respective areas as well: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens & Brooklyn!  :)

jigsaw ribbon

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Unfortunately we already have a blue bulb out in honor if a fallen officer we knew.  But it'll stay up the entire month if April. Someone actually mention on our garage sale site that people should live their blue lights up through Saturday not only for the officer but for Autism awareness.  It got so many negative comments it got taken down πŸ˜’...

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 4:02 PM

That's so sad!!!

Quoting Stephw1110:

Unfortunately we already have a blue bulb out in honor if a fallen officer we knew.  But it'll stay up the entire month if April. Someone actually mention on our garage sale site that people should live their blue lights up through Saturday not only for the officer but for Autism awareness.  It got so many negative comments it got taken down πŸ˜’...

Ralgj
by April on Mar. 30, 2016 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! I love all of the awareness! Especially Christ the redeemer!!
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Marcello's school is asking everyone to wear blue on Friday. Not sure if I can get him to wear a blue shirt, but I will try. It will ironic if he refuses to wear a blue shirt because he has autism.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah I am impressed by all the locations around the world that are acknowledging this day with blue!

Quoting Ralgj: Awesome! I love all of the awareness! Especially Christ the redeemer!!

magmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2016 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I love that so many high profile places are participating. I have always had blue lights around because my dad is an officer and my grandad was too. Unfortunately i havent heard of anything around here saying anything about autism awareness day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)