Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your week/ weekend plans?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:10 PM
  • 31 Replies

How was everyone's week? Any plans this weekend?

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM

My week was just ok I'd say. Nervous for Ethan's upcoming IEP. We are trying out a new respite worker tomorrow. If it doesn't rain, my husband and I will take the boys to Golden Gate Park on Sunday. I forgot to mention to most of you that last weekend my husband took both boys to the zoo...ALONE! Everyone survived and had a good time! It's really nice knowing he can chase after them both like that lol! Not an easy thing!

Ralgj
by April on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
IEP meetings are so stressful! I hope everything goes well. I hope the new worker is a good fit. And hopefully you have nice weather for the park!

Pretty normal week for us. Cold weather and snow this weekend. Yuck!!
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:48 PM

It got up to 84 this week! Now it's back down to the 60s. I hope you have a good weekend!

Honestly I feel more stressed about our IEP (which isn't until the 18th) because Ethan's ABA director isn't answering my emails. I had 2 questions for her ahead of our meeting and I interpret her ignoring me as a sign that services are going to be cut and she doesn't want to address my concerns.

Quoting Ralgj: IEP meetings are so stressful! I hope everything goes well. I hope the new worker is a good fit. And hopefully you have nice weather for the park! Pretty normal week for us. Cold weather and snow this weekend. Yuck!!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
The week was pretty good. Ashton's first 2 days of school this week were a little rough but then the next 2 days he did great (lots of praise from teacher).. He has off today, was a snow make up day but we didn't need it lol..

I need to go shopping tonight. Tomorrow me and 2 friends from church are throwing another friend a baby shower (sprinkle, since it's her 3rd).. It's pretty low key though so not too much work but should be fun. I'll be taking Madelyn with me while hubby finds something to do with the boys. My parents are planning on coming over Saturday night to spend the night and go to church with us and then we have that special arts event (I made a post about) Sunday afternoon. Ashton was upset with me today because he didn't see Maddie's soccer practice and games on the calendar (it's April after all) and was not happy when I told him she decided not to play this season.. Not sure why he was bothered by that but whatever lol

Have a good weekend, friend!
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:37 PM

Maybe he was just bothered by the change from the norm if she's usually in soccer? Sounds like the baby shower will be fun and low-key :) Enjoy your weekend!

Quoting Charizma77: The week was pretty good. Ashton's first 2 days of school this week were a little rough but then the next 2 days he did great (lots of praise from teacher).. He has off today, was a snow make up day but we didn't need it lol.. I need to go shopping tonight. Tomorrow me and 2 friends from church are throwing another friend a baby shower (sprinkle, since it's her 3rd).. It's pretty low key though so not too much work but should be fun. I'll be taking Madelyn with me while hubby finds something to do with the boys. My parents are planning on coming over Saturday night to spend the night and go to church with us and then we have that special arts event (I made a post about) Sunday afternoon. Ashton was upset with me today because he didn't see Maddie's soccer practice and games on the calendar (it's April after all) and was not happy when I told him she decided not to play this season.. Not sure why he was bothered by that but whatever lol Have a good weekend, friend!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 8, 2016 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, he likes things to stay the same even though no soccer is a lot less stressful and more time to do other things, he doesn't think that way ;) I hope the shower goes well.. It's supposed to snow tomorrow.. In April.. :(

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Maybe he was just bothered by the change from the norm if she's usually in soccer? Sounds like the baby shower will be fun and low-key :) Enjoy your weekend!

Quoting Charizma77: The week was pretty good. Ashton's first 2 days of school this week were a little rough but then the next 2 days he did great (lots of praise from teacher).. He has off today, was a snow make up day but we didn't need it lol..

I need to go shopping tonight. Tomorrow me and 2 friends from church are throwing another friend a baby shower (sprinkle, since it's her 3rd).. It's pretty low key though so not too much work but should be fun. I'll be taking Madelyn with me while hubby finds something to do with the boys. My parents are planning on coming over Saturday night to spend the night and go to church with us and then we have that special arts event (I made a post about) Sunday afternoon. Ashton was upset with me today because he didn't see Maddie's soccer practice and games on the calendar (it's April after all) and was not happy when I told him she decided not to play this season.. Not sure why he was bothered by that but whatever lol

Have a good weekend, friend!

Ralgj
by April on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Awe! 84! So lucky. It's 41 here now.

You still have some time so try not to worry too much. I hope the not answering isn't because services will be cut. That is a horrible way to get around answering your questions.

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

It got up to 84 this week! Now it's back down to the 60s. I hope you have a good weekend!

Honestly I feel more stressed about our IEP (which isn't until the 18th) because Ethan's ABA director isn't answering my emails. I had 2 questions for her ahead of our meeting and I interpret her ignoring me as a sign that services are going to be cut and she doesn't want to address my concerns.

Quoting Ralgj: IEP meetings are so stressful! I hope everything goes well. I hope the new worker is a good fit. And hopefully you have nice weather for the park!

Pretty normal week for us. Cold weather and snow this weekend. Yuck!!

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I Cc'd Ethan's teacher on my latest email. By Cc'ing her, I think I will get a response.

Quoting Ralgj: Awe! 84! So lucky. It's 41 here now. You still have some time so try not to worry too much. I hope the not answering isn't because services will be cut. That is a horrible way to get around answering your questions.
Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Quoting Ralgj: IEP meetings are so stressful! I hope everything goes well. I hope the new worker is a good fit. And hopefully you have nice weather for the park! Pretty normal week for us. Cold weather and snow this weekend. Yuck!!

perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyone has a cold and it has snowed twice this week already, so we basically have stayed home and done nothing. April snow sucks! It ha been okay though. The kids have been good with their colds.

We will probably stay home this weekend too because we are supposed to get more snow.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:39 PM

I hope everyone recovers quickly from their colds!

Quoting perrywinkle: Everyone has a cold and it has snowed twice this week already, so we basically have stayed home and done nothing. April snow sucks! It ha been okay though. The kids have been good with their colds. We will probably stay home this weekend too because we are supposed to get more snow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)