Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This spring break has been a nightmare!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:01 PM
  • 3 Replies
How has everyone's spring break been so far? Well ours not so great at all. My son got sick for two days. And since he's non verbal it was very difficult to accurately diagnose what was wrong with him. All he would do was cry and cry. It was frustrating not knowing exactly what was wrong with him. We all just assumed he was constipated cause he kept grabbing his tummy.

We took him to the DRs office to get him checked and also for a refil for his sleep medication that he's been on for years. The doctor decided to give him a higher dose of that medication. Omg... Ever since that change we all have been sleep deprived! Instead of helping sleep through the night, he's been getting up in the middle of the night and waking us all up. He's either screaming and crying or playing with his toys with such energy it makes no sense! And when he's playing with his toys we can't ignore it either. He's humming really loud, stomping his feet etc.. It's now been 3 days of sleep deprivation. I did also call the Drs office and told them to change the meds back to normal. I just honestly can't wait for this spring break to be over. It's just crazy how my son can go through really good phases and then not so good.
by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:16 PM
Hell week! I took the whole week off from work to just relax with the kids but then I had to entertain all 3 of them and one was already asking what are we doing next after just arriving at the place. We also had to work around the baby's napping needs. I needed a vacation from the vacation!
Ralgj
by April on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM
My kids don't have a spring break and I'm thankful!!

I understand how hard it is to have a non verbal kid. It's a guessing game sometimes trying to figure out what is wrong. I hope once you get his med switched back and school starts back things get back to normal. Hugs!!
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Sleep deprevation is the worst. I feel for you! I'm sure that's affecting everything else for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)