Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish us luck!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have spent 3 weeks in non stop IEP meetings, and now am sitting in a hotel 10 minutes from my home for two days on a free special needs family retreat.  12 families, 28 kids, free food.  Parents attend a social conference while the kids each get a one on one assigned and get to do things like watch a juggler, magician, illusionist, balloon animal maker, pet pAlls, sensory fun, craft, games, swimming.  The one on one will let them choose what to do and follow them around everywhere.  We start at 7am tomorrow, kids done at 9pm, parents in by 11pm.  Then leave Sunday at noon.

i know, I should be thrilled, but I'm worried about the kids, exhausted from the week and just packing us to get here.  I know any crazy we create will be in good company of people that get it, and two of our therapists are here that the kids will recognize.  I just hope we can all get excited, risk opening ourselves up to be social, and have a good weekend.  

by on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! I hope this gives you an opportunity to just breathe after 3 weeks of IEPs!

Don't worry about your kiddos! They will be Ok!
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM

Thanks.  I know I should be excited.  I just don't want to spend my weekend this way. I'm so tired and really need sleep.  But I am hoping it will be great!

Quoting SamMom912: Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! I hope this gives you an opportunity to just breathe after 3 weeks of IEPs! Don't worry about your kiddos! They will be Ok!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully it replenishes you in a good way; even if its not the sleep you need.
Big hugs! Its good to "see you"... Ive been missing you. :)

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Thanks.  I know I should be excited.  I just don't want to spend my weekend this way. I'm so tired and really need sleep.  But I am hoping it will be great!

Quoting SamMom912: Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! I hope this gives you an opportunity to just breathe after 3 weeks of IEPs!

Don't worry about your kiddos! They will be Ok!

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to be back!  Although it may take until this weekend is over to start catching up.  don't see much iPad time in my schedule here.  Lol.

Quoting SamMom912: Hopefully it replenishes you in a good way; even if its not the sleep you need. Big hugs! Its good to "see you"... Ive been missing you. :)
Quoting Momof4AEMW:

Quoting SamMom912: Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!! I hope this gives you an opportunity to just breathe after 3 weeks of IEPs! Don't worry about your kiddos! They will be Ok!

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2016 at 11:30 PM
I hope you and your family have a wonderful time! I hope you are able to find a moment just for yourself. It's nice to hear from you :)
Ralgj
by April on Apr. 9, 2016 at 6:38 AM
I hope things go better than you expect! I see why you would be worried and why you would just want to relax this weekend. It sounds like it could be lots of fun though. Good luck!!
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Apr. 9, 2016 at 7:34 AM

This sounds like fun!!! I hope everyone has a good time and you can take some deep breaths and relax. I understand this isn't the type of weekend that would  allow you to totally unwind like you need to, but maybe it will invigerate you for a little bit and you can crash later, lol.

brennan5882300
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 8:12 AM

Best of luck!  :)

LauraSanta
by Member on Apr. 9, 2016 at 10:02 AM
They really should schedule in parent nap time. Perhaps there will be a suggestion box? ;)

Good luck! It sounds like the kids will have a blast!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)