Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH NO

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I am pretty sure I know what is wrong with my youngest. I think he has a bladder or UTI infection. I called the call center and told the gal I needed to talk to my sons Ped. their staff oe charge nurse. I explained everything.... This person (because I have a bad word in my head just for her) informed me that he could ne be seen till Friday. I asked about dropping off a UA... and with the rudest tone she informed me that was not how things where done and I could just give one on Friday when he is seen. Again I asked to leave a message for the staff.... so I could talk to them directly. 

'That is not how we do things honey. He will be fine and you will see them on Friday.'

Ok well UP YOURS. I have a UA cup here.... So I had him pee in a cup and my MIL ran it to the Peds office with a firey note from one ticked off Momma!!!

After I got him to pee in the cup I let it set and looked at it.... there is white stuff floating in it. 

I feel terrible he got this bad before I realized what was going on.... and I would love to slap that woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM

So sorry they are putting all of you through this. Let your doctor know what happened. Depending on how s/he acts you willknow if you shou.ld be looking for a new doctor. My doctor has an assistant she has a say in, the rest are hired by the HMO.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 5:47 PM

These things can happen so quick, Im glad you have an idea whats up now. Hopefully they will get it analyzed and get something for him quick to heal.

SMACK! to that rude lady!

Ralgj
by April on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:03 PM
I'm sorry she treated you like that. I would switch doctors if you can. Not only was she rude you shouldn't have to wait like that. And what's the harm in taking the sample?! I hope he's feeling better soon! Don't feel bad. You are doing the best you can!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:39 PM
Oh no!
On all counts!
That nurse needs a smack!
I hope you get meds & he feels better soon!!
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:34 AM
It's awful you were treated that way!
karene999
by Karen on Apr. 21, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Sorry you had to deal with that, but so glad you now know what is going on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)