Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP

Posted by on May. 8, 2016 at 4:45 AM
  • 6 Replies
My oldest son 13 has Autism, ADHD, ODD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Developmental Delays, Attachment Disorder, Separation Anxiety, and is mentally a 5-6 year old. He has been getting bullied by my neighbor kids including the parent of one of the boys. They tell my son he's gay, he has a vagina, he has sex with his brother, hits him in the privates, hits him with sticks, etc. Well every time he gets bullied he rages where He will hitt, kick, bite etc the kids who are bullying him. Well He has gotten the cops called on him and yesterday got his 2nd citation for 3rd degree assault but yet the kids bullying him get nothing. As of now we have court on June 15th. I got a letter from his psychiatrist regarding his disabilities and we are working on treatment by medications. He goes to a counselor. He is very close to our pastor whom also has a son with autism and I had to call him yesterday to help calm my son down. I'm a single mother and my youngest 11 is also special needs he is ADHD, ODD on verge of conduct disorder, Attachment Disorder, Separation Anxiety, Sensory Processing Disorder, and Mood Disorder possibly Bipolar. Is there anything I can do for my oldest so he does not have a criminal record due to his disabilities? I will be contacting his psychiatrist and counselor on Monday other than that I don't know what else to do. They should be also be doing something to the kids bullying him as well but they won't. The father to one of the kids which himself bullies my son as well threatened to bash my next door neighbors head in with a bat. They never took him to jail or give him a ticket. It's not fair or right. Please I need help?
by on May. 8, 2016 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2016 at 5:31 AM
Hugs to you. I would maybe contact an attorney to determine what can/cannot be done because people with disabilities have certain rights I just don't know how far they extend and if the laws change by state. My husband is one but this doesn't sound at all like something he'd be familiar with. This type of bullying should not be happening. I am sorry you are going through this.
Karmahappens
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:02 AM

A few ideas

Since my guess is you are not exactly rolling in the dough..contact legal aide and get some information how to sue the neighbor in small claims court for the pain and distress he is causing you and your son.

Send your kid out with a tape recorder in his pocket and record the abuse.

Call the police if anyone hits your child-and press charges-at that point he is defending himself.

Contact Legal Aide and see if they can help with the police (be aware there is a wait list often)

See if you can find out who your neighbors insurance company is, and contact THEM and threaten to sue THEM for the damages your neighbor is inflicting on your son ( they will likely drop him for this)

If the kids go to the same school contact the school about the violence that is occuring.

If the kids are doing this on your property-call the cops the instant they set foot on the property.

If you can afford it, get a camera that will record some of this activity.

And contacting the Media about this might also help....if you don't mind the exposure for your child.

And document whatever you can. Get a statement form the neighbor who was threatened and tape record or have a witness to whatever you can get a witness to,

KEEP your son on your property as much as you can-so you can get the other kids for tresspass..

Chirinos
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:23 AM
My son has a court appointed attorney. I will look into the tape recorder and sueing the neighbor. Yes they go to the same school but on opposite ends of the school as my son is in junior high and the main kid involved is in 2nd grade. I may even get the media involved because this has got to stop.

Quoting Karmahappens:

A few ideas

Since my guess is you are not exactly rolling in the dough..contact legal aide and get some information how to sue the neighbor in small claims court for the pain and distress he is causing you and your son.

Call the police if anyone hits your child-and press charges-at that point he is defending himself.

Contact Legal Aide and see if they can help with the police (be aware there is a wait list often)

See if you can find out who your neighbors insurance company is, and contact THEM and threaten to sue THEM for the damages your neighbor is inflicting on your son ( they will likely drop him for this)

If the kids go to the same school contact the school about the violence that is occuring.

If the kids are doing this on your property-call the cops the instant they set foot on the property.

And contacting the Media about this might also help....if you don't mind the exposure for your child.

And document whatever you can. Get a statement form the neighbor who was threatened and tape record or have a witness to whatever you can get a witness to,

KEEP your son on your property as much as you can-so you can get the other kids for tresspass..

Karmahappens
by Member on May. 8, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Quoting Chirinos: My son has a court appointed attorney. I will look into the tape recorder and sueing the neighbor. Yes they go to the same school but on opposite ends of the school as my son is in junior high and the main kid involved is in 2nd grade. I may even get the media involved because this has got to stop.
Quoting Karmahappens:

A few ideas

It couldn't hurt to talk to the Principal of the school about this kid assaulting your son.  They might not do anything-or they might do something..in my system the kid would be having some one on one time with the school psychologist and a Social worker-and the Parents might be called in .

MamaLauri
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Did you go to the police and file charges? If so, request the report. When police are on the scene they can act based on their observations or formal charges by someone involved. If you and your harrassed neighbor never filed charges against the bullies but the bullies or police directly filed charges against your son, it says only your son is at fault. You need to file. If you file, the police must investigate. If you filed, the police might have broken your sons rights, and can be held accountable and the bullies charged.

karene999
by Karen on May. 8, 2016 at 8:52 AM

Keep your child away from these other kids. If they are coming in your yard to bully him, then put up video cameras to capture them coming after your son.

You need to look at moving, ASAP. Get your kids out of the situation. Do you have an independent witness to the bullying if so then get them to cooperate and file charges against the other children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)