• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School Lunch

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son is going into pre-k in the fall, and I'm having trouble figuring out what to pack him for lunch. There isn't access to a microwave, and there are few "lunch" foods that he will eat that don't require warming up.

He can't eat dairy, he won't eat sandwiches, or lunch meat.  Refuses peanut butter sandwiches, fruit & vegetables.  Any ideas??

by on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

What about the cafeteria lunch? I pack my son's pre-k lunch as well. But there is a refrigerator in his classroom, so I can stock it with yogurt. My son will actually (sometimes) eat soy strawberry yogurt. The other things I pack are goldfish, gram crackers, Cheerios, and fresh fruit. My son is also very picky, but he will eat some fruits. I was afraid that I would be "judged" for packing the same crackers every day, but it's a special Ed classroom and his teacher totally understands, she's seen it all! The most important thing is to pack things you know he will eat. :)

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2016 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Does he like soup? I know packing a lunch for my 5 year old can be a challenge most days. She's so picky or they don't allow whatever it is at school..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)