• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not ready....update

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM
  • 8 Replies
I am totally not ready for the iep meeting tomorrow morning. I'm at a loss. It's probably because it's a different kind of meeting. It's to see if Nick needs more testing for continued eligibility.

He did have a re evaluation done last December. (Privately) I talked to the SE teacher about using that. She said we can talk about it in the meeting with the school psychologist. I'm not looking forward to this. Is there anything that I should know about these meetings???

Update:

The meeting went GREAT! They are going to use the psychology eval from last December, the private OT and speech eval. So, the only assessment that they want to do is an education assessment. So, we meet again in November. They won't be changing the autism diagnosis. We just have to wait and see what they will be changing after the academic stuff.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:13 PM
Is it like a three year eval? In our district they requalify kids with full evals every three years. PT, OT, speech, social, behavioral, acedemic evals comparing to peer expectations. Is that what you're getting? Here it is standard. My kids are due this spring.
mypbandj
by Jen on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Liam shouldn't be due till the spring of 2018 but they want to do it now. Sigh.

I just signed the papers tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:56 AM
Sam was due for his psych/ed eval in spring of 2015. They have not completed it. Technically, they are out of compliance since its required to KNOW where the childs skill set is to write an iep.
I have been pushing for them to pay private since their staff cant complete to no resolution.
Ah, just a few of the curious quirks that makes me frustrated with District.

Sounds like your just getting info Nicole. Try not to be concerned. You know Nick. If things take a turn youll know how to Advocate for him
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:47 AM
Yes. But, since I just had a full eval last December I am hoping they use that. And if they need to do speech and OT, then that's fine. But I am taking our private recent re Evals for that too. I would rather not have so many things done if not needed. Because SSI should be doing their 3 yr eval soon too.

Quoting Momof4AEMW: Is it like a three year eval? In our district they requalify kids with full evals every three years. PT, OT, speech, social, behavioral, acedemic evals comparing to peer expectations. Is that what you're getting? Here it is standard. My kids are due this spring.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM
I knew this was coming but I was hoping it wouldn't be till October.

Quoting mypbandj: Liam shouldn't be due till the spring of 2018 but they want to do it now. Sigh.

I just signed the papers tonight.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:53 AM
That would make me go off that they still haven't done what they need to do. That district really has given you the run around.

I am hoping that they will just use the private Evals. (That's what they did 3 yrs ago when we started the iep.) but I'm not sure because there is a new principle that just started this yr. so I don't know how she handles iep meetings. I guess she will be getting to know me soon. The meeting is in about 30 minutes.

Quoting SamMom912: Sam was due for his psych/ed eval in spring of 2015. They have not completed it. Technically, they are out of compliance since its required to KNOW where the childs skill set is to write an iep.
I have been pushing for them to pay private since their staff cant complete to no resolution.
Ah, just a few of the curious quirks that makes me frustrated with District.

Sounds like your just getting info Nicole. Try not to be concerned. You know Nick. If things take a turn youll know how to Advocate for him
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM
That is good news!! Thanks for the update
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Sounds very good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)