Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On rainy days...

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM
  • 11 Replies
Say it's been raining for 2 days straight and it's chilly out as well. Do your kids do better at home but inside all day or taking them places outside of the home? It's been raining here for days and Ashton can be a home body but I needed the kids out of the house because they needed to do something (other than whine and fight with each other) so my husband took the 3 of them and the neighbor girl to the library. I know they will be back in a half an hour or so because that's about how long Ashton lasts there event though he loves going and getting books. He doesn't like doing crafts or baking or any kind of activity like that so when he's at home he just wants to watch movies, play on computer or play on iPad.. But when we go places he gets bored and wants to move on to the next thing or we end up spending money..

What do your kids enjoy doing on rainy days? Any ideas that don't cost money? How old are your kids on the spectrum? Ashton is almost 12.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys usually claw at the door to go outside, even on rainy days so I take them to an indoor gym or the mall. I'd rather stay home though!

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

But when we really are indoors all day we usually build with train tracks, play doh, board games, water table play, indoor swing, iPad and movies. My dad just sent us a felt puppet making kit so I'm going to try that out with the boys this weekend :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My youngest loves to do all of that too! I swear the older my kids gets get the more whining and fighting goes on and the "I'm bored".. 😂

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

But when we really are indoors all day we usually build with train tracks, play doh, board games, water table play, indoor swing, iPad and movies. My dad just sent us a felt puppet making kit so I'm going to try that out with the boys this weekend :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually babies are at those places and then Ashton gets anxious because he doesn't like babies :/

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

My boys usually claw at the door to go outside, even on rainy days so I take them to an indoor gym or the mall. I'd rather stay home though!

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Aw, that's too bad. I love babies so much, I can't walk into Babies R Us or that section of Target without thinking I want one or two more. But then I come back down to reality lol!

Quoting Charizma77: Usually babies are at those places and then Ashton gets anxious because he doesn't like babies :/
Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I know exactly what you mean. It is rainy and yucky today(has been all week) and it is hard to find places to go that aren't too crowded for Marcello. Sometimes Mark will take Marcello somewhere by himself and I take the other two someplace else.

Today we went to a reptile show with all the boys. Marcello had to leave early, but he had a good time looking at the snakes and turtles.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I love babies too! My good friend just had a baby and I can't wait to meet him. I used to babysit her 4 yo but can't babysit him anymore because she will need a sitter for bang and Ashton gets very upset when a baby cries. He has severe sensory issues and mainly with crying babies. It makes him so paranoid that even being around babies when they aren't crying makes him on edge. If quit volunteering in the nursery at church (even though I run the nursery) because Ashton would pass by and see me holding a baby and get upset. We have a lot of babies at church so I make sure to get my baby snuggle time in while Ashton is at school.
You guys thinking of having more kids? Sorry if that's too personal! We are done after 3 :)

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Aw, that's too bad. I love babies so much, I can't walk into Babies R Us or that section of Target without thinking I want one or two more. But then I come back down to reality lol!

Quoting Charizma77: Usually babies are at those places and then Ashton gets anxious because he doesn't like babies :/

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably not but you never know :)

Quoting Charizma77: I love babies too! My good friend just had a baby and I can't wait to meet him. I used to babysit her 4 yo but can't babysit him anymore because she will need a sitter for bang and Ashton gets very upset when a baby cries. He has severe sensory issues and mainly with crying babies. It makes him so paranoid that even being around babies when they aren't crying makes him on edge. If quit volunteering in the nursery at church (even though I run the nursery) because Ashton would pass by and see me holding a baby and get upset. We have a lot of babies at church so I make sure to get my baby snuggle time in while Ashton is at school.

You guys thinking of having more kids? Sorry if that's too personal! We are done after 3 :)
Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM
That happens here a lot as well only it's usually me with Ashton and my husband with the other 2.

Quoting perrywinkle: I know exactly what you mean. It is rainy and yucky today(has been all week) and it is hard to find places to go that aren't too crowded for Marcello. Sometimes Mark will take Marcello somewhere by himself and I take the other two someplace else.

Today we went to a reptile show with all the boys. Marcello had to leave early, but he had a good time looking at the snakes and turtles.
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM
We don't have much to do on rainy days. Where we live, there isn't much around. And Nick HATES to be in the rain. So, he has to have a jacket and umbrella just to get to the car.

He is fine with watching tv, and playing whatever electronics he has. He does like to paint or do crafts. And he's always been good at it. So if I take out paints, he usually can do something with it. Board games are another option but it drives me crazy!!! He will move from one to another and if it's a longer game, he gets side tracked and just wants to switch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)