• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand foot mouth

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
Ugh, kids got this. Ash and Maddie got a mild case but poor Jackson has it the worst. It was going around his preschool class.. Blah! It's made for a long week. Ashton's 12th birthday is Saturday and we are planning on spending the day with my parents at their house. My mom runs a daycare that also has HFM going around so she said to still come but my grandma is in her 80's and we don't want to get her sick so she won't be able to hang out with us.. HFM is such a bummer. I'm just glad the kids seem to be at the end of it..

What's going on with you guys? Everyone healthy at your house? What's your weather like? Any fun plans for Halloween weekend?
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:15 AM
Oh!!!! I hope everyone feels better soon.
Happy Birthday to Ashton! :)
Hope you enjoy your weekend!

How is your dad doing? Is the HFM going to be ok for him?
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 9:55 AM

HFM sucks! It is pretty much like I remember chicken pox. I hope everyone feels better soon. I hope Ashton has a great birthday.

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:06 AM

We've never had HFM at our house but it's run rampant through the community and I'm always afraid we are going to get it. I hope you all have an easy case and that it goes away quickly. 

I'm kind of stressed out. Liam's halloween party and parade are tomorrow.  His cosutme came in and it TOO BIG! I'm going to have to alther it and quick! I'm room mom and have to plan for the party tomorrow. But I'm babysitting today. And I'm also dealing w/ a bunch of other junk as well: Liam's school and my oldest, Brennen's school (college). His adviser wants him to drop a class. He doesn't want to. Ugh the list goes on and on. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
He's doing great! No cancer and as of last week Crohns is still in remission.. He's not worried about getting it. Only Jackson had the fever and it was earlier this week so as long as we use good hygiene kids shouldn't be too contagious. We are lucky, we got it really mild. Some of the kids at jacksons preschool had it bad. Jackson only got it in his mouth and fever one night (but his mouth hurts really bad).. Maddie only on her hands and feet and a couple in mouth and felt no symptoms at all (and was highly annoyed with missing school) and Ashton got a few in his mouth and loves missing school but shows no signs of being sick! Such a weird virus!

Quoting SamMom912: Oh!!!! I hope everyone feels better soon.
Happy Birthday to Ashton! :)
Hope you enjoy your weekend!

How is your dad doing? Is the HFM going to be ok for him?
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM
Boo for costume being too big! I'm helping with Jackson's party on Monday, but his preschool class is super easy to plan for. Everything around here is on Monday so I'm glad kids don't have to miss out on anything!

Quoting mypbandj:

We've never had HFM at our house but it's run rampant through the community and I'm always afraid we are going to get it. I hope you all have an easy case and that it goes away quickly. 

I'm kind of stressed out. Liam's halloween party and parade are tomorrow.  His cosutme came in and it TOO BIG! I'm going to have to alther it and quick! I'm room mom and have to plan for the party tomorrow. But I'm babysitting today. And I'm also dealing w/ a bunch of other junk as well: Liam's school and my oldest, Brennen's school (college). His adviser wants him to drop a class. He doesn't want to. Ugh the list goes on and on. 

Stevensmomma
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:52 AM
Ugh
We had it over the summer and my ds 9mths at the time got it and it was awful!
Dh even got it !
I somehow escaped it and my oldest ds too
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:52 AM
It hasn't been too bad. Only my youngest felt miserable for a few days.. I think older 2 just got a mild care of it. Honestly my kids do worse with pink eye and ear infections than this. I'm just glad it's not the stomach bug (knock on wood).. For me the worst part is keeping kids home from school where they are bored all day and can't play with their friends because they don't feel bad enough to just lay around

Quoting perrywinkle:

HFM sucks! It is pretty much like I remember chicken pox. I hope everyone feels better soon. I hope Ashton has a great birthday.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM
I think it's just awful for babies. My friend's baby (who was around 1 at the time) got it over the summer and was just miserable for days.. Only my 4 yo felt miserable and only for 2 days.. Otherwise my kids just feel bored and stir crazy!

Quoting Stevensmomma: Ugh
We had it over the summer and my ds 9mths at the time got it and it was awful!
Dh even got it !
I somehow escaped it and my oldest ds too
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!!!

Simran81
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Oh , I have heard its terrible , hope they get well soon !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)