• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never a dull moment

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
Got Sam off the bus (yay!)
Its cold & rainy here today so I had the wood burning stove in our dining room going.

We park in the garage & I head for the door to let Maggie out in the back yard for a few minutes. She does not like the rain...

When Sam comes barrelling down the hallway, "mom come quick, I need your help!"
I follow himto the diningroom where he made the mistake of getting his blanket "the bear" (brown & fuzzy) too close to the stove... There is smoke, this horrid "dry cleaner" smell... And "the bear"blanket is now melted and matted.

I open all the windows, start scraping the melted bear off the stove- send Sam to his room (fumes?? Unhealthy??) and scrape until there is only a slight film over 1/3 the stove.

I go up to Sams room & he Says "sorry." He was just trying to put the blanket near the stove- which he will never do again!

Scary...
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bobcatridge
by Carol on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Amelia has one of those fuzzy blanket with holes because she got too close to the fireplace - fortunately we have glass doors on the fire place.  I can so appreciate melted blankets.  Even though that blanket has holes it is her favorite blanket.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

The bear is garbage... Off to find a new bear this weekend.

I see why glass doors would be good- this is a claw foot stove that its on a tile mantle... When Sam was little we had a gate... Hummmm i wonder if we need to put it back up! Lol

Glad that she wasnt hurt too!

Quoting Bobcatridge:

Amelia has one of those fuzzy blanket with holes because she got too close to the fireplace - fortunately we have glass doors on the fire place.  I can so appreciate melted blankets.  Even though that blanket has holes it is her favorite blanket.

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Wow, you have had quite a week! We have a similar wood stove and we still do have the baby gate up. Ours is in our family room downstairs and the cat boxes and their food is over there.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Yikes! Quite the week. I hope your weekend is relaxing!

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Oh my! That must have been super scary! I'm sad the bear got ruined but at least it didn't catch on fire! 

magmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Oh my goodness! I have delt with way too much fire and fumes this year. My heart still pounds when a smell something burning. It is scary.
Ralgj
by April on Oct. 28, 2016 at 7:11 AM
Wow! Close call! Glad everything turned out ok.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 28, 2016 at 9:22 AM
Glad everyone is ok! Hopefully your weekend is a lot less exciting ;)
PaxtonKy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM
So scary! I'm glad he came and got you right away and he didn't get hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)