Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you proud of?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:51 AM
  • 23 Replies
3 moms liked this
Things have been so hard for Nick that I wanted to focus on some positives. (Mainly because his behavior therapist has only seen him once since October!)

Nick has a really hard time with homework. So we usually only do 1-2 math problems. Last night, he was able to finish the whole worksheet. And there was a lot of problems. It was one of those worksheets to solve the problems and then color it and see the message. He even colored it. I was so proud of him. And since we started a reward chart, he has been getting on the bus with no issues for 3 weeks now!!!

What are some of your positives?
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Dec. 13, 2016 at 9:25 AM
3 moms liked this
My son successfully finished a semester of college, all while living on campus! I don't know his grades yet but I'm hopeful they're good.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Ethan is going into general ed next year. He only wears a diaper at nighttime now. Ari had a successful cardiology appointment last week!

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm finishing my first semester back at school and did well. Kids are proud of me for that which makes me happy.
Kids are doing alright in school which is good too.

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:34 AM
3 moms liked this

My 2 1/2 year old (former 24 weeker) is starting to talk more - he can pee on the toilet, and he'll tell me when he needs a diaper change. He's starting to string together 2-3 word sentences and use his words more.

My newly turned 6 year old is finally showing an interest in learning how to read, and she's doing multiplication and division... along with addition/subtraction.... I'm really proud of her math skills and her ability to understand math. I just hope her reading skills catch up, she's just now starting to show an interest in reading.

My 12 year old, I want to focus on the positives.so, I'll say, he did a good job not irritating me this morning when he helped me millk the goat. ;)

The baby is almost walking, and she babbles up a storm!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Ashton's been coming home with really good behavioral reports from school. Yesterday he got a perfect.. That was the 3rd perfect in the last 2 weeks... His reading scores have gone up and this morning he sang the national anthem just at home and no reason why lol and only missed a few words (that's better than me lol).
Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:34 PM
Wow! That is great. My NT goes to college next yr. and I'm worried to death about it.

Quoting mypbandj: My son successfully finished a semester of college, all while living on campus! I don't know his grades yet but I'm hopeful they're good.

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Going into general ed is good. My son does ok. And yay for only wearing a diaper at night. And it's always good to have a cardiology appointment.

Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Ethan is going into general ed next year. He only wears a diaper at nighttime now. Ari had a successful cardiology appointment last week!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Going potty and speaking more is always something to be happy about.

Those math skills are awesome!!!

LOL about ur 12 yr old.

Quoting kajira:

My 2 1/2 year old (former 24 weeker) is starting to talk more - he can pee on the toilet, and he'll tell me when he needs a diaper change. He's starting to string together 2-3 word sentences and use his words more.

My newly turned 6 year old is finally showing an interest in learning how to read, and she's doing multiplication and division... along with addition/subtraction.... I'm really proud of her math skills and her ability to understand math. I just hope her reading skills catch up, she's just now starting to show an interest in reading.

My 12 year old, I want to focus on the positives.so, I'll say, he did a good job not irritating me this morning when he helped me millk the goat. ;)

The baby is almost walking, and she babbles up a storm!

Nickmom1118
by Nicole on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
It's always nice to see good behavior reports. And I can't sing the anthem at all. Lol

Quoting Charizma77: Ashton's been coming home with really good behavioral reports from school. Yesterday he got a perfect.. That was the 3rd perfect in the last 2 weeks... His reading scores have gone up and this morning he sang the national anthem just at home and no reason why lol and only missed a few words (that's better than me lol).
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM

Thank you :) Ethan still won't go #2 in the potty, do you have any suggestions? I plan on working on this over Christmas break, but I want to be sure to keep it easy going and not stress him out. He's come a long way :)

Im still deciding on which school is best for kindergarten next year. The third school I visited had a Mild-Moderate program which of course is attractive, it's also a really large school, and I do continue to lean towards his current small school which feels most comfortable. Will let you know when I finally decide and submit my paperwork! :)

Quoting Nickmom1118: Going into general ed is good. My son does ok. And yay for only wearing a diaper at night. And it's always good to have a cardiology appointment.
Quoting rebecca_new_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)