Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think how you were raised prepared you to be a special needs Mom?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
??
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:39 PM
No, not at all.
Ralgj
by April on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:47 PM
Nope
magmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 3:58 PM
No, the opposite. I was a fairly docile only child. I never learned parenting techniques outside the box.

emarin77
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:10 PM

A little but I have special needs too with my Spastic Paraplegia and auditory processing disorder.

K1tten
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:32 PM

Not fully.

illneverbeold
by Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Noooooo
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Not me

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:46 PM
Somewhat...
Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Yes!  I was that hyper egg head only child with a zillion cousins from aunt that had tons of kids.  My aunt who helped raise me due to my dad being military and always aways, and my mom was really young and she was a translator for IBM, and I had computer since I was 6, and she pretty much homeschooled me while I went to school as well.  Well the aunt who raised me use to keep me busy but making me tutor her children even her older ones who watched me.  I was a standard, for them homework time to have me sitting with all of them going from one to another and helping them.  I thought I was weird, but it later turned into my mom voluteering me at church to tutor adults and kids, maintaining the the computer systems for the food pantries etc.  So given all of this,my moms first speech to me was " Keep it moving you were born for this"  God does not give you anything you cant handle so do what you do for others for your own!

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 9:28 AM

In some ways, yes because I had an older sister who had issues and I think watching and dealing with her helped me recognize things that I may not have.
Plus, I always knew I'd have one. Just something told me that I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)